RNY yto LAP band in the NE

sweetchef
on 8/27/08 1:01 pm - West warwick, RI
Hi guys, Iam in RI and looking for a doc to do a rny to lap revision. GP is on board but has no referrals. Had and upper GI and a psych consult and a nutrition counsel so i am ready to go but need a surgeon. Any suggestions.
NeedhamGal
on 8/28/08 12:27 am - MA
come up to Boston and use Doc Lautz at Brigham. If you qualify..then can do it endoscopically.
He does a ton of work, and revisions. You need to make sure you use a doc who does a lot of revisions. Joan
traceyls57
on 8/28/08 10:43 am
Joan, just curious, but they can do lap band going down the throat now? Tracey
NeedhamGal
on 8/28/08 10:11 pm - MA
no...because the lapband goes on the outside of the stomach.  Brigham & Women's and a Seattle hospital got FDA approval to do 10 or 20 RNY's via the endoscopically way.   After the Brigham's article appeared in the Globe (on a saturday no less) the office had over 1000 call the next business day.   
.Joan
KRWaters
on 8/30/08 4:57 am - Manteca, CA
Check out the DS first before you make your final decisison on what to have. All right, you have to go to NY or PA to find a DS surgeon, but it is doable and this is it for life, right?

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

jonathan R.
on 9/6/08 8:48 am - east meadow, ny
 Check out Dr. Shawn Garber in NY - Long Island.  He specializes in endoscopic revisions like stomaphyx and Rose procedure and also has done lots of lapbands over RNY gastric bypass.  Stay away from the DS - lots of complications.
Ca_girl
on 9/6/08 8:53 am - McKinney, TX
Sorry, I have the Lap Band and if you are looking for a revision - I wouldn't recommend it.  Lots of ppl struggle with the band and very few get to their "goal" weight.  I just want to be honest with you.... I would hate for you to regret doing it.  I'm looking to do a revision to VSG or DS ..... the band doesn't work for everyone.

Please consider talking to your surgeon about the DS before you make your final decision.

Good Luck.

Most Active