Zoloft

ebony_teaches
on 8/26/08 9:27 pm - Baker, LA
Anybody taken or take zoloft and it caused weightgain????  My doc just switched my meds and I've been eating like crazy on this med.  It seems like all I want is carbs!!! I've gained 3lbs!!!! and I'm afraid it's going to get worse.. The worst part is that I'm 35lbs from goal weight so the scale is moving in the wrong direction...

Ebony_Teaches

highest life time weight 330lbs///  lowest life time weight without surgery 217lbs
weight pre band 292lbs ///  lowest weight with band 232lbs
pre op weight w/ gastric bypass 252lbs
current weight with RNY 195lbs

"Everything is possible for him who believes."   
Mark 9:23

Hondurian Queen
on 8/26/08 11:05 pm - BOSTON, MA
I dont take this meds so I dont know but how are you doing? it seems like the weight is starting to come off thank god ask your doc what the side effects are and tell him of your concerns I wish you the best of luck

sweetchef
on 8/27/08 1:05 pm - West warwick, RI
HI Ebony,
                I was prescribed zoloft for PPMD. but once i started taking it, i had the same issue as you.  I only take it the week before my period now.  I think they said average weight gain is 12 lbs.  I kinow that they all dont do that so explore it a little bit then call your doc.
twla71
on 8/28/08 10:41 am - Birmingham, AL
Zoloft will definitely make you gain...I started gaining big time with Zoloft, Serafem, and Cymbalta. Welbutrin does not make you gain, but it made me more neurotic...for real. You can email me....good luck!

Tara
Charlene C.
on 8/28/08 11:00 am
I was on Zoloft and had the same problem!! I am on Celexa now and it works great!! No weight gain!

Hugs
Charlene
ebony_teaches
on 8/28/08 12:22 pm - Baker, LA
How long have you been on the Celexa?

Ebony_Teaches

highest life time weight 330lbs///  lowest life time weight without surgery 217lbs
weight pre band 292lbs ///  lowest weight with band 232lbs
pre op weight w/ gastric bypass 252lbs
current weight with RNY 195lbs

"Everything is possible for him who believes."   
Mark 9:23

Margie McQueen
on 8/30/08 1:22 pm - Sebastian, FL
 Say it isn't so!  I have been on zoloft since 2002 - was never told it would cause weight gain but then I never researched it either just knew it took away the sad/rough times during menopause... I, too, crave carbs!  I can't get enough lately - anyone have updates to this med?
SheriAZ
on 8/31/08 4:30 am
Yes...paxil, gained weight, zoloft..gained more weight, welbutrin, gained weight AND wanted to jump off a bridge... celexa.. gained weight. Went off all of them and on topamax and started to lose weight. I did a lot of research and found that anti depressents tend to make me compulsive not only with eating but with shopping and even with gambling when I was never a gambler before. When I went off of them I had no problem with any of these things. I went to a clinical phsychologist (forgive the spelling) and he gave me topomax which he also says will work in combination with a mild anti depressant and help with the weight gain.
Most Active