Frustrated!!!

-Butterfly-
on 8/26/08 3:06 am
I am supposed to have my procedure on Thursday, but my doctor called me today and said that he will have to cancel my appointment because my insurance company claims I am not insured at the moment!  He said that if the insurance can be proved active by tomorrow, he will still get me in on Thursday.... 

SO, I called the insurance company and they said they canceled my insurance, because they didn't receive my payment!!  WTF!  Anyway, I calmly told the woman that my payment was in fact mailed out ON TIME and she proceeded to argue with me!  Then I called my bank and they told me that the check I sent to the insurance company almost 2 weeks ago, hasn't even been cashed or pending yet!!!! 

The insurance lady said that after they receive a check, it takes 7-10 days to process the check and then they have another day or two to then get it activated again etc.... OMG!!!!  I am so irritated I could just scream!  I have been so excited about Thursday, I even went out and bought all the protein shake mixes and special liquid/soft foods, as its been killing me sitting here waiting for Thursday to come!  Now, looks like it will be sometime next month... I could just cry!!! 
tulagirl
on 8/26/08 3:12 am - Schenectady, NY
I want to say how sorry I am that this is happening.  I am of the belief that everything happens for a reason, and maybe waiting until the next month is not so bad.  At least you are not being cancelled all together and this is at most a postponement.  I know that I am probably not helping, but my thoughts are with you.  I hope you get it straightened out with your insurance company.  Is there anyway to cancell the check and they can take a payment over the phone or something like that.  Sometimes they can post it immediately. Just a thought. 
-Butterfly-
on 8/26/08 3:53 am
Nope, I begged her to take my payment over the phone but they said they didn't have the ability to do that.  I guess people steal cards and give them the stolen numbers, then go and get something done and then of course since its a stolen card, they don't have to pay for it or something.  She said they only accept checks or money orders. 

My doc said he would still do it Thursday if it was up to him, but the hospital won't let him unless I have "active" insurance.  This is so frustrating!  I PAID the damn thing on time, why is it taking so long to get there, now that I need to actually use it!  Doesn't it always go that way! 

Arizonadck
on 8/26/08 5:07 am - Chicago, IL
I'm so sorry!  I know you were probably on pins & needles just waiting , anticipating and excited.  The darn check must have gotten lost in the mail.  How frustrating.  But just think - like tula told you - it's just a postponement and not a cancellation.  Hang in there kiddo - your day will come soon  - hopefully they'll be able to do it within a month!!  Things do happen for a reason - so keep the faith!! 
getinther
on 8/26/08 10:45 pm - AL
I am so sorry, but this is just a little bump in the road, not the end of the road.  You have every right to be frustrated , take care!
JROLFSON
on 8/27/08 6:41 am - St. George, UT
Your issue is such a frustrating one.....I too am so sorry you have to go through this.....But I do have a couple questions for you.

Is your insurance private pay? Or through your work?

If private, have you considered the fact that they may be purposely holding your check and not cashing so as to claim they didn't receive and therefore could cancel you? i.e. wouldn't have to pay for your revision...

I have private pay insurance and I am afraid once I get an approval that this is something they may try to do to me. Insurance companies are very crafty and manipulative. The company paid insurance policies have much stricter criteria to adhere to, therefore they wouldn't try something like this because payments are mailed from the employer.

The reason I even ask this question is, if your insurance was through your job, your company would be paying the insurance company, not you....

I have my Insurance Payment directly withdrawn from my checking account same day each month so I have an immediate record of it. But, if I did write a check and mail it myself, I do believe I would send it certified mail with a signature required, mainly for the proof of signature and delivery. They certainly couldn't say they didn't receive it if you have a signature from the company stating that they signed for it. Get my meaning?

Pain in the bootie, but well worth it in the long run.

Just my 2 Cents....

JRolfson

JROLFSON
on 8/27/08 6:55 am - St. George, UT
Dear Butterfly,

One more thing I wanted to tell you is, why couldn't you stop payment on that check and issue another one and overnite mail it to an individual responsible for your account at the insurance company? It would be there by 10:30 am tomorrow if you did that?

Just an idea...

JRolfson
-Butterfly-
on 8/27/08 12:00 pm, edited 8/27/08 12:01 pm
Yes, its private insurance (Blue Cross) through Health Insurance Giant.  They didn't know about the revision plan, we already thought about that. We thought about doing the over night thing, but they said that even after they get the check, it would take about 7 days til it cleared.  So, it wouldn't have been there in time anyway. 

I am so upset that tomorrow was supposed to be my day... oh well.  Maybe next week I'll get there?!
Most Active