A Little Closer - THANK YOU Jen

mew6495
on 8/20/08 10:33 am - MI
 I have been going through the process of a revision for the last several months now.  After much research I decided to go with Dr. S. in AZ.  Of course the hang up has been the approval from my insurance.  They sure know the "games" to play to keep your approval at bay!  But that's ok....I'm tough and I am patient and I surly know how to be a pest!       Looks like my date may be in the horizon.  Perhaps sometime in October.  I couldn't have gotten this far without Jen!  She is amazing.  Her perseverance, tenacity and knowledge of the "insurance" system is impeccable.  She and their office try to always do what will best suit the patient.  I find it refreshing that a doctor's office responds with such compassion for the patients well being both financially and physically.

Perhaps next time I post I will have a firm date nailed down!  
Gwynn M.
on 8/20/08 11:21 am - Tucson, AZ
I TOTALLY AGREE with you about JEN and the DOCS OFFICE!!   They are ALL so UNBELIEVABLEY COMPASSIONATE AND CARING.  TRULY RARE!!  But MUCH APPRECIATED by SO many of US!!   

I wish you the BEST OF LUCK (and Jen's SKILLS!!) for your approval!!  I TOO am in the WAITING GAME for approval!!!  Keep the FAITH...thats what THEY keep tellin' me!! 

Gwynn in Tucson
mew6495
on 8/21/08 9:45 am - MI
 Thank you for your reply!  I find the support on the "revision board" awesome!  The other boards are good but I find the people who post here seem less judgemental and more compassionate.
Deanne K.
on 8/20/08 12:03 pm - Tucson, AZ
Yes, you are in great hands.  Dr. Schlesinger and Jen are wonderful.  I am coming up on my surgery on 9/2 and doing good.  The liquid diet is a little difficult, but it's only day 2, he said it would get easier after day 3.  I sure hope so.  I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse, but better than yesterday.

Don't give up, the insurance companies like to push your buttons for sure. 

Like I have been telling Gwynn, Keep the faith!!!  You will be appoved in due time.

Did you get the official approval yet?  Let us all know when you do and we will be doing the happy  dance with you.
mew6495
on 8/21/08 9:42 am - MI
 The only approval my insurance is willing to give is that "my plan does cover it if it is deemed medically necessary.  This is not a guarantee of payment".  So Jen is still fighting the fight.  But looks like I may have to decide if I can take the risk of them not paying.

How long do they require that you be on the liquid diet for?  Seems like 2 weeks is an awful long time.  Did they tell you why so long?
Deanne K.
on 8/21/08 12:07 pm - Tucson, AZ

Dr. Schlesinger is good at finding medical necessity.  Do you still have co-morbidities?  If you do, then you have a chance of getting approved. 

The liquid diet is to shrink liver fat.  The 2 weeks is a long time, but day 3 has been better and according to everyone I talk to it gets easier everyday.  So far they are correct.  You can have chicken, turkey, tuna, eggs.  I am using them very sparingly now and hopefully tomorrow I will be on full liquids. 

Deanne

ginau
on 8/20/08 1:50 pm - mesa, AZ
if you go to my profile  and look at photo's  there is a pic of Jenn and Doc  - he is the good looking one in the hat!

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

mew6495
on 8/21/08 9:37 am - MI
 Thanks for sharing the photo.  It is nice to finally put a face with a name.  

I have been following your posts since your procedure.  Now that you are a few months out can you tell me what issues you are still dealing with today that you did not have prior to the procedure?
ginau
on 8/21/08 12:39 pm - mesa, AZ
My only issue is loose stools - not as bad as before  but Lomotil works .. if your gassy person - you always will be!  use an anti-gas med, some people  say their body odor changes - I have not noticed.

I feel good, pretty much have my energy back ,, and no complaints

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Gloria A.
on 8/22/08 4:45 am - Federal Way, WA
Sending postive thoughts .. good luck!!
Cheers ... G

Most Active