MEDIFAST

dana S.
on 8/21/08 12:01 am - brooklyn, NY
HAS ANYONE DONE MEDIFAST. I AM 7 YEARS POST OP AND I AM THINKING ABOUT DO MEDIFAST.          DANA
Arizonadck
on 8/22/08 1:51 am - Chicago, IL
I am 5 years out and tried it about 2-1/2 years ago when I first started gaining some weight.  I went on it for 2 mos -  it was so hard (much hard than the first time I did it 15 years ago).  I lost weight but was miserable the whole time and as soon as I came off it I started gaining.  I watched what I ate, not too many carbs, fats, etc. and still gained.  I slowly re-introduced foods to my diet but the weight just came back on fast - it was just a temporary fix and unless I'm going to stay on it "permanently" then it's not worth the effort. Maybe you'll have better luck! 
Gloria A.
on 8/22/08 4:48 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi Dana ..

Have you tried South Beach or Atkins Maintenance? ... sounds more "sustainable" .. have seen notes from some of the yahoo groups that long time post-ops have gone high protein, low carb w/ good results

cheers .. G
Patty T.
on 8/28/08 1:10 am - Boalsburg, PA
I'm currently doing Medifast with good results.

dana S.
on 8/29/08 5:09 am - brooklyn, NY
HI HO MUCH HAVE YOU LOST DO YOU FEEL FULL WITH THE FOODS.    THANKS DANA
Robert P.
on 9/24/08 2:42 pm - Pelham, AL
I have done Medifast and Optifast before.  I lost (and subsequently regained) about 100 lbs on each.  The first 2 weeks are very hard.  However, once you get used to not making a big deal out of meals, it gets easier.  I got to where the shakes were a chore and I just chugged them down.  The water is the key to success while on the program.

Unfortunately, I didn't stick with the maintenance programs and regained.  I liked the Optifast program better because there were group meetings with weigh-ins and accountability.  If you failed the ketosis test twice, then you were gone.  Everyone who stuck with it, had very good weight loss.

I'm trying go back to Medifast for a "modified" program to satisfy my insurance requirements for surgery.  I've found that I just can't stomach the tast of soy protein any longer.
wvteardrop
on 11/9/08 1:19 pm
I have been on Medifast for 11 weeks and lost 40lbs so far, tomorrow is week 12 for me.

I totally agree that if you don't believe in the long term "solution" no diet will work, and I will go on transition & mainteance and make this a life long supplement.

I am not hungry, but think that any higher protein, lower carb and moderate fat diet will help. BUT sometimes, like for me, I get tired of thinking about what to eat all the time and what I am allowed to eat, so this program works for me.

Regardless I hope you find something that works for you.
Most Active