restore procedure for dilated stoma

jonathan R.
on 8/20/08 11:41 am - east meadow, ny
Has anyone had the restore procedure for a dilated stoma after gastric bypass? I saw Dr. Garber in NY and he is now doing this procedure.  He told me it is better than the stomaphyx and holds up better long term.  I am scheduled for an endoscopy to check my pouch and stoma and then hopefully having the procedure.  If anyone has the procedure please let me know how you are doing.  It sounds appealing because it is done through the mouth without incisions and I gained back 50 pounds since my rny.
-Butterfly-
on 8/20/08 12:40 pm, edited 8/20/08 12:41 pm
That sounds exactly like what I am having on Thursday!!!  I am thrilled that someone else on here has heard about that as well!  When are you having it, I've also gained 50 pounds since I've had my surgery done 5 years ago.  Wanna be support buddies? 
POOBEAR
on 8/21/08 3:35 am - Cahokia, IL

Hi I was in the Restore trial in St. Louis Mo. and I was one of the first 5 lead in phase so I did have the procedure done but none of the suctures held so it failed for me. I pray that you have better luck than me. I had my 6 month endoscope done June 6th and the Doctor told me nothing held so for me to look for a revision Doctor.I am really leaning towards an extended RNY but Dr. Scott is suggesting doing Sclerotherapy first.. My husband is afraid of me having any more surgery so I am just waiting hoping to change his mind.

NueBelieve
on 8/24/08 7:46 am - PA
I have been in a restore study group for 8 months. I met many people who had the ReStore and all of them have done very well. I am having it done Sept. 25th. As for  the Restore not holding. The only thing I heard is if you do what the doctors tell your and do not overeat...therefore stretching your pouch...it will work for you. Best of luck everyone!

Godspeed! :)
jonathan R.
on 9/6/08 8:54 am - east meadow, ny
 I made a mistake, I am having the ROSE procedure with the USGI device.  I can't wait.
Most Active