Does this sound like I have a chance.

tulagirl
on 8/19/08 9:33 am - Schenectady, NY
I posted this in another post regarding my EGD.  But wanted some one that has had a revision or who is approved for one to let me know if this sounds like I am on the right track. 

I had my EGD today.  The Dr. did not speak to my husband after, so I got a written report.  I do have a follow up with him on 9-4-08, but wanted some hope to hang onto before then.  Here are the findings:

Patent gastric bypass with a > 100ml pouch volume and intact staple line.

There is a dilatation of the gastro-jejunostomy afer gastric bypass.  The anastomotic site is larger than should be noted at this point after surgery.

Then it said that there is evidence of post-operative changes that warrant re-evaluation for revision of original bariatric procedure. 

I am not sure what size my pouch was made when I had my original surgery and my surgical notes do not really say.  But does it sound like I am on track for a revision.  I am not sure at this point what direction I want to go, but I know I don't want Stomaphyx.  I am leaning either towards the band over bypass or ERNY. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I do not post on here often, but I read daily about all of the wonderful people on  here and their successes.   I was just wanting some help.
m.espoir
on 8/19/08 2:51 pm - NJ
I know it is a more risky surgery, but the DS has been wonderful for me, and a few of my RNY friends. If not the DS, I would go for the ERNY. Greater long-term success.
"Don't expect.......Suggest." ......–The Edge
Lap Band 2/26/03---lost 80 pounds!
FAILED (Erosion/emergency removal) 4/4/07, Gained ALL weight back 8/29/07 
Approved for DS 10/09/07

DS performed successfully 10/29/07
1st Hernia repair and vertical TT 1/15/09
2nd Hernia repair and small vertical TT 12/27/2010
HW  SW   CW   GW       240 225 159 135
(5ft.2in.)

pepsi98
on 8/20/08 9:06 am - Norwich, CT
The problem is there aren't many MD's that do the DS.  I don't think there are any near me in CT>
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

tulagirl
on 8/19/08 10:08 pm - Schenectady, NY
Thanks,  I am still weighing all of my options.  I will talk to my surgeon more during my next visit.  At this point, I do not know what he has to offer.
Most Active