EGD tomorrow

tulagirl
on 8/18/08 9:23 am - Schenectady, NY
 I have my EGD tomorrow morning.  I am so excited because I feel like I am getting closer to a revision.  I had RNY in 2002.  Started at 349, got down to 213 and now I am almost 300 pounds again.  I had an upper GI and all I know from that is that things flow right through without stopping.  Hence, I don't feel full. 

I am just happy about this, as I finally am doing something about it.  Even if I can't have a revision or if insurance won't cover it I have found a surgeon who will help me through this. 

Tammi
Arizonadck
on 8/18/08 12:49 pm - Chicago, IL
hooray!  good luck!!  one step closer!  keep us posted! Carolyn
tulagirl
on 8/19/08 12:41 am - Schenectady, NY
Well I am back and still groggy, but here is what the report reads.  There is evidence of post-operative changes that warrant re-evaluation for revision of original bariatric procedure.

There is dilatation of the gastro-jejunosotmy after gastric bypass.  The anastamosis site is larger than should be noted at this point after surgery. 

I go back for a follow up on 9-4.  I can't wait to get started with all this.
isaiah54mom
on 8/27/08 10:02 am - bartlesville, OK
You go girl I had my EGD done on friday. I go back this friday to discuss it and I think my surgery date.I had a VBG and I went from 278 to 213 and now I weigh 360!! I cannot wait to get my surgery. I know this is my time!!
Jo
tulagirl
on 8/27/08 10:42 am - Schenectady, NY

Did they give you any clue about what the results were?  I only have the written report.  My follow up is September 4.  I can't wait to see what he says.  I know i will not get a surgery date when I go because I still have to go through the whole six month program prior to having a revision.  I think it would be good though because when I had my original surgery there was no program.  I went to see the surgeon and basically went straight to surgery.  I need the assistance they can give me. 

Good luck Friday.

Most Active