Home from the hospital

grace30269
on 8/16/08 9:34 am - Peachtree City, GA
I got home yesterday afternoon but was too blah to even turn on the computer.  Today I'm feeling much better.  I hope I continue to recoop at this rate.  My surgery, if i remember correctly, was 3 hours, 1 hour of getting rid of adhesions from my original VBG 7 years ago immediately afterwhich I had a leak, then one-third of my stomach had to be removed (the old VBG which had a closing stoma and a disrupted staple line, then the bypass.  As you can imagine, I felt beyond miserable postop.  Everything is going well since coming home.  Only time will tell how this baby works....
Arizonadck
on 8/16/08 11:34 am - Chicago, IL
Congratulations!  I wish you the best!  Was your surgery open or lap?  Wow - you're just home one day and already on the computer!  Take care and keep us posted!!
grace30269
on 8/17/08 6:04 am - Peachtree City, GA
Thanks for your response.  My surgery was laparoscopic.  Isn't it said that the healing time is greatly reduced with lap surgery?  I thought the gas pains would do me in; at the moment I'm anti-lap because of them!!  I suppose had I had it open I would be wishing it were laparoscopic.  The grass is always greener. 

Are you seeking a revision?  From what to what?  Do you know yet?
Vanda
on 8/17/08 7:18 am - Brampton, Canada
Welcome home :)

I am having surgery revision from VGB - 1991) to RNY on September 30th.  I am having a scope done September 16th...they are putting me out....I guess this is to see what is going on down there with my staples.

Vanda
Arizonadck
on 8/19/08 11:54 am - Chicago, IL
Is there anything you can take for the gas pains?  That doesn't sound pleasant.  Have you asked the doctor - is it something that will pass soon?  As your doc.  I'm seeking a revision.  I had an open RNY 5 years ago (at the time lap wasn't offered) and am looking into the Extended RNY (which will have to be done open as well).  It should be submitted to insurance next week.  I'm so nervous.  If it's denied I'll have to go through the whole appeal process - which could add months.  I was hoping to do this mid to late-October.  Oh well, I take one day at a time!  I wish you the best - speedy recovery - get rid of the gas pains!  Take care!
Most Active