Dr. Husted from the D/S Board

LoriAS
on 8/14/08 4:39 pm - CA

Jill.M33
Randall J. Bolar M.D. RNY (01/08/02) Member Since: 01/06/07
[Latest Posts]

Hi all, just wanted to pass on this FYI.

Anyone who is looking for a surgeon and interested in Dr. Husted, but thought he was too far away in CA, he is now moving to KY.

He is going to be doing surgeries at the Lake Cumberland Hospital in Somerset. I've talked to Lori, his practice manager, and started my process, and was told that everyone who is interested in Dr. Husted for their doctor should go to www.johnhustedmd.com to fill out the new patient registration form and fax it to the number on the form. Or you can Call his office at 415-722-4182. 

I'm extremely excited that KY is getting Dr. Husted. We've desperately needed another WLS option for a long time now. I'm really excited to have the opportunity to have my revision with him.

Thanks to Starry1st, even though she probably doesn't know, who led me to research him before I ever knew he was moving.

Thanks,
Jill

Reply to This Post Quote Post Report Post Contact Friend Block
~~Sami~~ *.
on 8/15/08 5:31 am - Jacksonville, FL
Wow, that's so fabulous.  The MId-West needs another great revision/DS surgeon.  I didn't use Dr. Husted because Cali was too far away.... but had he been in KY I probably would have seriously considered him!

Dr. Husted has a wonderful reputation as a revision surgeon for anybody looking at a revision.

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

babybee6
on 8/15/08 8:23 am - Cincinnati, OH

babybee6
on 8/15/08 8:25 am - Cincinnati, OH
There are several rsponses to this post. Where did they go?
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/08 9:04 am

Hm. I've been away from the computer all day and didn't get to see any of them....

Jill

Gayle C.
on 8/17/08 1:07 pm - Loveland, OH
Hello,
I saw your name as being from Cincinnati and looking into revisions, I also am from Cincinnati
and am looking into ERNY or DS. I had a RNY 8/2002. I just finished my Restore trial, unsucessful like most of subjects. What info have you found in Ohio? I recently lost my private
insurance and now have Caresource. Any help would sure help.
Gayle
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/08 12:49 am
I was in Cincinnati for several years. I moved back to KY in Feb to take care of my mother, who is terminally ill. I have been waiting to see how things were going to go with her, and she has encouraged me to go ahead and really try to get the revision before she gets worse. The one thing in life she has always wanted for me is for me to be at a normalish weight. She knows how badly I want it.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get off track. I was looking into every option when it comes to a revision, and finally decided on the DS. I researched for over a year. Then I had to find a surgeon that was really experienced in revisions, and I happened across Dr. Husted's name. Just so happens that when I contacted his office, they told me of the move to KY. He is actually moving to the town I currently live in. So, my hopes are to get this surgery asap, or I will have to wait until the cir****tances in my life have changed.

As far as Ohio goes, I did go see Dr. Curry when I was thinking of band over bypass. I think he is a very nice man, and a good surgeon, but I just decided the band wasn't for me. I have heard that Dr. Maguire in the Cinci area is fantastic also. He used to do revisions to the DS, but now is doing revisions to distal RNY. I've heard many positive things about him. If you can't make it down to KY, I would go with him. Oh, if you are in Cinci, Somerset (where Dr. Husted is coming) is only three hours away from you. I'm here to hold your hand as well, literally.

I'm sorry for your experience with the Restore trial. At one point, I was seriously considering the Stomaphyx. I'm really glad I didn't take the route.

I don't know much about your insurance, sorry!!!

I had my RNY in Jan of 2002, so we are close.

Thanks,
Jill
Most Active