I am sick My doctor wants to put on Diet pills. HELP!!

E. L
on 8/13/08 6:29 am
Has anyone here had to take diet pills after RNY?? I have 53 pounds that I need to lose  and  as to why since even at my highest weight never use any Diet aid. Butnow I having trouble with this pounds.
I hope I am not the only failure.
HELP!!!!!
Eunice

Hi
I just love it here .

dndenton
on 8/13/08 10:55 am - Gas City, IN
Hi Eunice!!

You are not a failure. I had RNY surgery in November 2004. I lost a 190 lbs, and gained 30 back. I ost 18 on my own, and after struggling to lose the weight on my own, I went to my PC (six months ago) who started me on Xenical, but due to the nature of our surgery, the medication was not effective. I am now on Adipex. It works well if combined with proper diet and exercise. I am preparing to go through the revision process. My stoma is very enlarged, but everything else in in tack.

I hope this helps.

Danielle
E. L
on 8/13/08 12:45 pm

Danielle
Can you tellhow did dicover that you stoma was enlarged???
What are they going to do and is the insurance paying for it??
Thanks
Eunice

Hi
I just love it here .

dndenton
on 8/13/08 5:05 pm - Gas City, IN
Eunice:

I was wrong about my surgery date, it has been almost 5 years. WOW!!! Anywho, after that long period of time and after regaining some weight, I decided to have an EGD done. That's how they discovered that my stoma was 20cm dilated. I called my insurance and they do cover it, but they want five years of history, and my doctor has a 6-month stringent care plan to ensure that I am committed to my nutritional health. The doctor must state that it is a medical necessity. Since I am still considered morbidly obese with a BMI of 48. If I miss even one beat, the appointment will be rescheduled for another 6 months.

Let me know if you have more questions.

~Dee
short0307
on 8/16/08 10:55 am - Louisville, KY
What do you mean the revision process? Are you having your rny redone?
dndenton
on 8/16/08 2:38 pm - Gas City, IN
I am not having my RNY redone. I have a stoma that is 20 cm dilated and a hernia. So inorder to repair it--the surgeons consider it a revision. Let me know if you have more questions.
Susie221
on 8/16/08 11:53 pm, edited 8/16/08 11:53 pm - UK
I had Rny in November 2006, was 300lbs starting,and am short at 5ft 3.

Lost 80lbs only ,and went to a new surgeon for revision,they found the outlet  or (stoma)  wide open also a diverticulated pouch ( pouch on pouch ) so am able to eat A LOT

They wanted to put me on xenical ,even though they knew I had high blood pressure and atrial fibrillation !!!!
I refused to take the tabs, so now they have stalled my revision for basically non compliance ,and want me to diet to see if I can lose weight
It seems they are trying to get folk to take these tablets a lot now after wls ,why ? maybe cost effective ,who knows !
Susie x
E. L
on 8/17/08 12:13 am
Hi .
I am so glad that you are trying to lose it on your own. I do not want to take any diet pills ever myself.. I want going  back and see my original surgeon but my new insurance will not pay,for anything that's related to WLS.I just found out that our insurance changed as of August 1st. Tha is a B.....  O well more money to spent.
Eunice

Hi
I just love it here .

Most Active