VBG Staple line disruption

Kerry J.
on 8/26/08 11:27 am - Santa Clara, UT
I suggest that you check out the DS forum here on OH, but here's a drawing of the basic plumbing:

http://www.duodenalswitch.com/procedure/procedure.html
Jean L.
on 8/26/08 12:58 pm - Hemphill, TX
Thanks for the reply, I've researched it over and over.  I think at my age, it would be best for me to have the DS surgery, now I have to convince my doctor.

Kerry J.
on 8/26/08 1:25 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Well Jean, I'm 56 and I had a gastric bypass when I was 28 or 29, it was great in that it helped me lose all the extra weight. But the staple line failed the first year and I had to really work at keeping the weight off, I managed to do it for almost 20 years. About 10 years ago I found out I had Hep C and had to take a year of interferon shots and that really makes you feel like crap. I really coupldn't exercise for a year and I didn't feel like eating right so I started gaining weight and I was never able to get my weight under control again.

I don't want to be obese for the rest of my life and I realize I have to have some help to get the weight off. I also want to eat like a normal person and I don't want to have to diet and exercise to be at a normal weight. IMO the only WLS that fills the bill I'm looking for is the DS. If I was 28 and had this choice, I don't know for sure what I would choose, but knowing what I know right now I would probably go for a DS.

Best of luck with your doctor, you deserve to be free of that excess weight.

KErry
Elizabeth M.
on 8/14/08 8:59 pm - Smithfield, OH
Thank ALL of you for your replys. My frustation over this has only made me more resolved in my fight to get my revision. I will never give up. I will probably never have the financial means to pay for this on my own so I will have to follow this through even if it means I must get an attorney to fight it for me. I have never been a quitter. My health is the most important thing in this fight. Not only for the weightloss. I am very fortunate at this time not to have many comorbites but I am getting older and I realize that as I age my body will develope them. So thank you again for all of your responses. I will be sure to up date my profile if anything new happens.
Tedi

Most Active