Barium swallow done

runnergirl
on 8/11/08 10:45 am - Canada
Hi everyone,
I had my barium swallow this morning and the Doctor said everything looked ok??? lol What does that mean ok? lol He said he could see the staple line and that he saw the pouch. The tech said the results would be forwarded to my Doctor this week, and my Doctor will forward them to Dr. Ungson. I will be glad when I have a date,they are saying now the last week in August or the first in September. I have to book with the travel agent as soon as I have a date. I'll keep you post. All words of advice welcome!!!
Heather 
Kerry J.
on 8/11/08 1:31 pm - Santa Clara, UT

I think OK means there isn't any problem.

I had a Barrium Swallow done back on July 28 but it too****il today for me finally get copies of the images and report. I emailed the report to Dr. Ungson and Dr. Anthone.

Holy Cow! There's no staple line left, there's just staples scattered all over the place and the report says there is "Communication of the gastric pouch with the stomach with no evidence of obstruction or other gross or complicating feature". As I understand it, the "communication" is not OK. Dr. Ungson says that's why I never feel satisfied, even when I'm full.

I'm getting an Upper GI Endoscopy on Aug 18, which should give us all the info needed to make an informed decision as to what to do about my situation. I'm thinking DS, but I want at lest two surgeons opinion before I decide for sure what I want to do.

The end of Aug or first of September seems pretty quick, can you get everything done and be ready to go by then?

Kerry
runnergirl
on 8/11/08 1:53 pm - Canada
 Kerry, it does seem fast lol,Especially since I was looking at years here in Alberta, and they don't do the DS procedure period.I am going through a medical broker for lack of better words.My contact is wonderful  so far. They have a travel agent they deal with. I guess that will be next, after the date is set.I am impressed with Ungson so far,even the fact that he won't blindly book me until he takes a look at my results. If you want to read more about him check out LeaAnn's profile, if you look at her first entry in Nov/05 I think she lists all of Ungson's patients. You can read their profiles too, it's very helpful.
 The only thing the Doc in radiology said was the comment to the tech, that everything looked ok and he could see the staple line, and he could see a pouch, that was all I heard. I guess the details will be in the report. Your results must have shocked you. Did you have any reactions or health issues from the damaged pouch?
 I have been reading lots and it says that the VBG isn't that hard to convert to the DS. I hope so!!!I will keep you posted with updates. Did you check out the Surgeon in Brazil? He seems very popular as well, I can't recall his name off the top of my head.Talk to you later,
Heather
Most Active