SClEROTHERAPY

POOBEAR
on 8/11/08 3:31 am - Cahokia, IL
Hi everyone!  I was wondering if any of Dr. James Scotts in MO. have had successful sclerotherapy done.  I just posted on the MO board but thought I post here too since it is regarding a revision my stoma and pouch are too large. I just went through the Restore trial and my suctures didn't hold just don't want to fail again. I told him that I want an extended RNY but he said he wants to try this first because the other would be too dangerous because of the way my original surgery was done. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.
reenieb
on 8/18/08 6:13 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Hi there (do you have a name other than Poobear that I can refer to you???) - I always hate when we say that WE'VE failed rather than a procedure having failed; you say in your post that you "... don't want to fail again." You didn't fail. Your procedure failed you. These procedures DO NOT WORK. They are a waste of time and money and we post-ops are pinning our desperate hopes and dreams of regaining control (rather than the weight) on these procedures - they will not allow us to do that because they do not work. In the meantime, our stomas and pouches are left as gaping holes and we are left with severe feelings of guilt and shame for having FAILED - feelings that have haunted us our entire lives and led us to destructive habits of emotional eating in the first place. Research other types of revision therapies - not endoscopic procedures. Be pro active, be your best advocate - best of luck to you. Maureen
Most Active