Not losing any weight!

lovin30s
on 8/10/08 11:31 pm - Orlando, FL
I am completely frustrated!  I had the lap band last May.. Didn't work for me.  I had rny 6/30/08 and have only lost 16lbs!!!  13 of those lbs were lost within the 1st week.  It's now been a month and a half.  I do eat less than before... however, still feel that I can eat more than I should be able to.  I'm also hungry all the time.  It is too early in the game to have this plateau. My worst fear is after a failed lap band I would have a failed rny.  I walk 1-2 miles a day.  Consume maybe 1000 calories a day if that.  I know I'm not supposed to, but yes I weigh every morning hoping a miracle will happen and the scale would move.  Out of everyone's profile that I have read, this doesn't seem normal. 
obrienbus18
on 8/10/08 11:43 pm - Linwood, MA
Hi, I had my revision 1 week before you, I am losing slower than other also. I heard that when you have revision surgery that you do lose slower than other people. The scale seems to stay stuck for a very long time. I am avergaging 2 lbs a week,and I eat about 650 calories a day right now. I am getting in my 60-70 grams of protein and all of my water. Are you still journaling what you are having? Are you getting in your protein and water? And is it your tummy that is hungry and growling or do you feel it is just a wanting? I understand how you feel, I see the others on the board and most who had surgery the same time as me have lost almost double the weight.
Hand in there, it has to come off eventually...Debbie

Vanda
on 8/10/08 11:49 pm - Brampton, Canada
Very encouraging words Debbie. 

Maybe calling the doctors office with your concerns and speak to the nutritionist as she may have a few tricks that may work to kick start the weight loss again.

Vanda
lovin30s
on 8/10/08 11:58 pm - Orlando, FL
Thanks for your replies.  I know for sure I'm not getting in enough water.  I have to constantly remind myself to sip, sip, sip during the day. 
Hondurian Queen
on 8/11/08 12:03 am - BOSTON, MA
2 THINGS DONT BEAT UP YOURSELF AND NEXT DONT COMPARE YOURSELF TO ANYONE ELSE OPR YOU WILL DRIVE YOURSELF CRAZY I THINK YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB THINGS WILL GET BETTER BELIEVE THAT AND KEEP DOING ALL THE RIGHT THINGS YOU WILL SEE

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/08 1:45 am

Dear Lovin30s,

i too have found getting all of my water in to be a challenge...and the water thing seems to be CRITICAL and pivotal...for me, everything seems to hinge on it…having a happy tummy, having energy, feeling alert and clear...and most important to everyone, i guess, is seeing the scale move downward!

second is protein...i am shooting for a goal of very high protein intake and very low carb intake...not just for weight loss...but also for satiety and maintaining my muscle mass...
the high protein...really does nail the satiety...when i feel hungry...i reach for protein...if i am really hungry, the protein sounds great...if it does not...then i know i am dealing with head hunger...and it then becomes time to really DO something...to distract or nurture myself...exercise or even just stretch and breathe and/or pamper/spoil myself...or at least get with making a plan to schedule it in and make it happen...and then i focus on THAT...

i say increase protein and exceed your water requirement...
the pounds will come off, my dear...HANG ON AND DO NOT LET GO.

ginau
on 8/11/08 2:58 am - mesa, AZ

Ya gotta shake things up a little , just for a week -  lets see if you can trick your body ??? ,  May I suggest ... Go for more calories shoot for 1200 -1400 !!  More protein - shoot for 100 grams,,  water , water, water tilll u float !!  cut the low fat stuff out - use full fat cheese  etc... and  PUT THE SCALE AWAY  !!! 

Then after a week  cut back down ..  maybe your body is in starvation mode ??? 

lovin30s
on 8/11/08 3:31 am - Orlando, FL
You are right!  Maybe I am in starvation mode.  I  know comparing myself to others isn't the thing to do....It's just so hard to see everyone around me shrinking.  At least 15 people from my job has had the rny within the last year and everyone is doing great.   Escpecially since EVERYONE  konws about the surgery.  I will see if I can try some new tricks to get this going.  I am so disgusted, I havdn't updated or logged on OH in a while.  I must remember that this board is for support and not be so afraid of people judging me for what I have messed up once again.
ginau
on 8/11/08 5:11 am - mesa, AZ

It cant hurt to try and shake it up a bit!  What is worst that can happen ?  gain a pound - doubtfull this soon out. Besides put that scale away fro a couple weeks !!  and lighten up your stress !!!  everyones bodies react diffrantly to  food plans .. I notice when I eat low fat  I have more dumping issue's ...

Every once in a while - you have to think outside the box !

We are not judging you - your right ! we are here to brainstorm, encourage and help you !

Sometimes we all need to  take a step back to move forward .   

charleston-mom
on 8/11/08 4:44 am
I don't think you're probably in starvation mode at 1,000 calories. I had a revision from lapband to RNY in August 2007 (almost a year out****ep my calories to around 700-800 and have lost about 120 pounds, right about the same as a first time lightweight (I'm down to 119 pounds now). I think I might gain at 1,000. It may be that you need to shake it up a bit, less than some days and then 1,000 on others. It's also really important that you measure the way a regular RNY patient does. Don't expert to be full. I don't ever feel full. I've just gotten used to it.
Most Active