Questions on revision

Vanda
on 8/10/08 8:28 am - Brampton, Canada
Looked through the posts............runnergirl is the one going to Mexico.

Vanda
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/08 8:35 am - Brampton, Canada
Your right there was no aftercare or support.  I was told take a Flinstone vitamin daily and drink two glasses of milk.   To this day I still have trouble eating more than a small amount of meat, etc. from the old staples.   I had my revision to a Lap Band in Mississauga with a fantastic surgeon Dr Chris Cobourn and self paid $16,000.  I went from 251 lbs. day of surgery April/06 down to my goal of 125 lbs. in 20 months.   Its two plus years out and I am below goal at 119 lbs. and as long as I have good restriction from a fill once in awhile I am satisfied with small portions.

I know many who have done well with revisions from VBG to DS and RNY and I'm sure you will too.  Let me know if you ever want to chat.
runnergirl
on 8/10/08 9:05 am - Canada
 Hey Donna, I tried to send you a message, but you have private settings, can you add me or make it so I cam message you please? lol I want to ask you a few questions.
Thanks,
Heather
P.S Congrats on your results!!!
runnergirl
on 8/10/08 9:08 am - Canada
 You are right, I am looking at Mexico and I believe Terry may be as well.I am doing self pay so Mexico looks attractive and Dr. Ungson has great reviews. If my healthcare was involved I would look to the states as well.
Vanda
on 8/10/08 11:23 pm - Brampton, Canada

Runnergirl,

Are you not in Ontario and on our Ohip system?

runnergirl
on 8/10/08 11:28 pm - Canada
 I wish lol I am in Alberta. 
Deb *.
on 8/11/08 4:21 am
I had the VBG done in 1992 when I was 19 and weighed 369lbs.  I lost down to around 250 or so and kept it off for about 4 years.  Last year (Mar 07) I was 514lbs and wheelchair bound when I decided to go ahead and try surgery again.  I had a revision to RNY and have been doing great!  I've lost 222lbs, got rid of the wheelchair and am living life again.

My surgery took about 4 1/2hrs, and I spent 4 days in the hospital.  I was back at work 2 weeks after surgery and have only had one problem.  I had a bout of gastrits around 8 weeks out when the internal stiches were dissolving.  I do dump on some things, but not horribly (I get extremely tired and get a bad headache).  I don't have the constant problems with food that I did with my first WLS.  I used to throw up regularly after a meal with the VBG, I haven't thrown up at all after the first few months of getting used to eating right.

I'm 100% happy with my surgery, and am still losing 16 month post-op.  I have about 100lbs to get to a reasonal weight, and about half of that will be lost with plastic surgery.

Good luck!

Debbi

Vanda
on 8/11/08 4:50 am - Brampton, Canada
Debbi,

What an amazingly strong woman you are.  You are an inspiration to us all. 

I have been worried since I had VBG with Dr. Deitel at St Joseph hospital that this wouldn't work for me and I would not lose the weight.  I do know that 17 years ago surgery was done differently that it is now, however I still worried.  You have given me hope again that this is the right decision for me.  Thank you for that.

Please add me as a friend and keep me posted on your successes.

Thanks
Vanda
getinther
on 8/17/08 2:22 am - AL
I'm scheduled for my revision in Dec.  I am staying positive and hoping for the best.  I have lost almost 50lbs on my own since March though. I wanted to get myself in the right mindset for the surgery.  I joined a gym last week and having started on my vitamin and protein regime.  I also bought me some hair food(the hair loss talk scares me!)  Trust me, I understand your concerns and wish you the best!
Vanda
on 8/17/08 2:37 am - Brampton, Canada
So we will be just months apart with our revisions.  Mine is September 30th.
Most Active