so very disappointed!!!

Lori G.
on 8/7/08 4:18 pm - CA
Aloha- What a nightmare...is your weight loss stalled because you are no longer malabsorbing (because your fistula has "reattached" your outflow tract back to your duodenum)? Is a dudoneal switch an option, or not since you've already had RNY? Are you hungry, in other words, would the V-BLOCK being tested at Stanford be a possibility that could help (if your hunger signals were blocked, and you had no appetite, could you do without the malabsorptive part of the RNY?). Here is the website in case you aren't familiar with it. I agree, a second or even third opinion with someone specializing in revisions is absolutely the next step. Good luck- XOXOLori

http://www.empowerstudy.com/

S Andrews
on 8/11/08 2:09 pm - eatonville, WA
Jen from Dr S office had mentioned a DS so we will see. The big concern is over the size of my pouch as its only 2cc so there isn't much to work with so we' ll see. Thanks for the info- I will check into it. I always love reading up on things to see whats out there.And thanks for your sweet thoughts!
M. Hall
on 8/8/08 1:15 am - Norcross, GA
Uhmmm! Go to see another Doc. When I read your post I thought it was mine from me having my endoscopy done in April and posting it on OH. I had the exact same problem and it only took a week or 2 for the insurance to approve me. My pouch had stretched out but other than that my story was yours. I will be 2 mths out on the 17th, 35lbs down, ERNY/ FOBI ( thats what I call it anyway) and I love it. I think hormones had me down at first but I am up and out and about. DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
S Andrews
on 8/11/08 2:12 pm - eatonville, WA
Did your pouch and stomach reattach and if so were you always hungry or nauseated? I would love your input on what your exact diagnosis was as I haven't run into many with this problem on the boards here. Thanks so much for the encouragement!
LosingSally
on 8/10/08 8:14 pm
YOu need another opinion.
S Andrews
on 8/11/08 2:13 pm - eatonville, WA
Thanks! I've had several opinions but am working on Dr. S having a look at things as he may have a completely different perspective.
Kathy B.
on 8/11/08 9:23 am - East Windsor, CT
I had a very similar experience - I just had my fistula repaired and my stoma opening stitched up (it was huge), and part of my stomach removed (so I won't get another fistula).  I have Aetna and they paid for it all.  It was done Lap in Boston, MA.  Don't give up, find out who is the BEST in your area, and see that surgeon, and see what he/she has to say.

God Bless,
Kathy Bilodeau
RNY 12/3/03
Revision 7/18/08
S Andrews
on 8/11/08 2:17 pm - eatonville, WA
Kathy,
Thanks so much for your input. I truly appreciate hearing what others have gone thru. I had one of the very best surgeons up here do some of the tests but I haven't given up as someone could think of something different. It was just such a let down when I was talking to the surgeon- it was allso bleak. Iwill keep you posted on any changes.Thanks so much for your concerns and for sharing.
cmoore14
on 6/24/09 2:40 am
I posted something regarding sclerotherapy.  IF your still viewing these emails can you please check out mine.  cmoore14 from Boston.  Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/08 6:50 pm, edited 8/11/08 6:51 pm - AZ
Sharon,

I would have all the records sent to Dr Schlesinger. He will know what to do in your case. Why does your doctor say you have to live with ? Sounds like he is running away from it. I know Dr Schlesinger will have a answer to your problem. I had my extend RNY on July 2, 2008 and have lost 45 lbs. I got a very slight wound infection. Not Dr Schlesinger's fault . I always get postop wound infections but this time it is a real small one like 1 inch long. Last wound infection was all the way around to my hip ends and had a would vac for 4 months. This was is not bad at all. Keep me posted. We really care what happens to you.

D
Most Active