Slam?

mew6495
on 8/12/08 11:04 am - MI
 Hi Janie,

I am also close to getting my revision to an ERNY.  Did "they" say why you should go with the 75 rather then the 50?  I have been thinking about the 50 cm as well.  What surgeon are you going with?
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/08 11:44 am - AZ
I am a patient of Dr Schlesinger's. I had my extended RNY JUly 2, 2008. I wanted to go with the 50 cm common channel but Dr Schlesinger said that a 75 common channel was best for me. I would reccomend when you see your doctor ask what length would be best for you. Every patient is different.Good luck.

Dawn
mew6495
on 8/13/08 11:15 am - MI
 Did he give you a reason why the 75 was preferred over the 50?
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/08 11:28 am - AZ
I just saw Dr Schlesinger and Jen today. The reason for not going the 50 cm is there might be more complications. For example diarrhea big time. I asked him for the 50 cm and he said he will decide when he gets in there. I am glad that I did not get the 50 cm because I have seen where people went to 50 cm and their body did not like it. They had chronic diarhhea all the time. Some even got reversed because they had a BMI 0f 15 and way to underweight. I see where they are trying to gain weight and they can't. I know when you see Dr S he will explain it all to you. Why don't you give him a call tomarrow. He will be happy to discuss this with you. He was very stern on a no 50cm common channel for me. I have lose bm's now and go about 5 or 6 times a day. You have to be really careful and have low carbs. The higher the carb the worst it can get. Each patient is different and you have to experiment with different foods. When is your surgery scheduled ? I will be happy to meet when you come to town. I am from Michigan myself and have lived in AZ for 13 years. Keep me posted.

Dawn
mew6495
on 8/13/08 11:38 am - MI
Thanks for your reply.

Sounds like the 75 cm is the common practice for Dr. S.  I do not have an "official" date yet.  I am tentatively set for Oct 7th.  My insurance was a little unclear in their approval.  Jen is trying to get confirmation from them before we commit.
Most Active