My Slipped Band Is Coming Out...

MARCIAM
on 8/6/08 3:07 pm - Sayville, NY
Thanks Joan!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

PekinSal
on 8/6/08 7:12 am - UK
Aww Marcia I don't know whether to hope you have to go back in as an emergency or hope you can hold out until your successful (obviously) appeal.

At least you know the band can't stay where it is for much longer, and that you are being treated seriously by the medics.

Hope you get it sorted out though

hugs

Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

MARCIAM
on 8/6/08 3:08 pm - Sayville, NY
Thanks so much Sal!
RNY on 9/22/08

Arizonadck
on 8/6/08 10:45 am - Chicago, IL
It will all work out Marcia.  Think positively, take one step at a time so not to stress yourself!  The main priority is to get you out of pain.  I'll say a prayer for you!!  Take Care!
MARCIAM
on 8/6/08 3:09 pm - Sayville, NY
Thanks so much!
RNY on 9/22/08

Ms TJ P.
on 8/7/08 1:05 am - VA
Hi Marciam, I glad you're finally going to get some relief,I'm sorry you had to suffer with the reflux so long, but I will all be over soon. Good Luck !!

Tonya
MARCIAM
on 8/7/08 9:15 am - Sayville, NY
Thanks Tonya!
RNY on 9/22/08

June M.
on 8/10/08 11:46 pm - Matawan, NJ
Lap Band on 05/03/06 with
hi Marcia,

I don't know if you remember me, but when I first got surgery (06) I was on here a lot.  Then it just wasn't working for me and I just remitted into my own world and gained some of the weight I lost in the beginning (only 35 lbs and gained back about 20).  I feel like a failure.  Do you know what happened to some of the others who were on lap band back then?  Did they also have problems?  I know Bette who was my idol!  She has done great from the beginning.  What about (I can't remember her name) a very pretty white-haired woman who lived up in the Westchester or CT area who invited some of us to her home and met some people in NYC?  Oh, and Calgal who had to have her band removed right away due to some brocolli she said.  Oh, and the Italian guy from Long Island who sponsored meetings out there somewhere.

I am truly to sorry to hear about your slippage.  do you know when it happened?  how could you tell?  I am thinking about going back, but was soooooo miserable with the only fill I ever had that actually worked.  I figure lap band is not for me and I need to do something else (like try to lose on my own).  Just not motivated anymore.

Best of luck with your revision to RNY.  I should have done it also from the beginning, but it is hard to have such foresight, esp with people like Bette and Sandy who did so well with it!

I hope all is well.  Are you using the same surgeon?

JUNE  
"your reach should always exceed your grasp, or what's a heaven for?". . . . Harold March (my father) to me, when I was a young girl

"if you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!". . .

MARCIAM
on 8/11/08 1:00 pm - Sayville, NY
Of course I remember you! Bette only posts once in a while but she is still around. Anita posts on the LapBand grad board sometimes and occassionaly sends me email. Calgal hasn't posted for a while.  Ron posts on the LapBand Grad board & once in a while on the New York board.

Fo you remember Alyssa (Born Swimmer)?  She had a revision to RNY 2 weeks ago.

I don't know when my band slipped for sure, however I have had reflux since Easter Sunday and medication has done no good at all.  If I were to guess that would be the day I would guess.  I am sure that the band is good for some people but just not for everyone. I wish that I had known before I was banded, how many people would start to have problems with their bands.  I have more than buyers regrets.

RNY on 9/22/08

Gloria A.
on 8/19/08 8:52 pm - Federal Way, WA
 I hope you get your insurance to catch up and approve your revision ... I had my band removed and revision to RNY (150cm Prox) at the same time ... it was a long surgery (5.5 hours), but my surgeon is very experienced with revisions ... my band had adhered to many parts of my insides (liver, diaphram) ... so he had a lot of clean up to do ... 

I didn't have reflux return until all of the fluid was released from the band .. my pouch is a bit smaller because he had to work around the scar tissue left by the band ... but I am glad it happened at the same time and I am hoping you can have both the removal and revision concurrently.

Take care and good luck!

Cheers ... G

Most Active