ROSE procedure

dpnna
on 8/5/08 4:36 am - w. orange, nj
i ve been hearing  a lot about the ROSE procedure.. anyone  have it  recently and  have  good or bad  results?  i ve  heard  that its an insicionless surgery  and  some  people  have lost about 30 lbs and  others nothing..  what makes it succesful?     donna
tobethinner
on 8/6/08 6:20 am - VA

I had the surgery on May 12 and I going for my 3 month anniversary on Aug. 12th.  I have lost 41.5 lbs so far and I think just knowing that I failed the first time is the driving force behind me.  I went from 364 to 220 when I had my Gastric Bypass in July of 1999.  I am now a married woman with 2 toddlers and I am determined to be able to enjoy every single day I have with them. 

smile750
on 8/6/08 6:38 am - Bridgewater, NJ
Hi Donna,

I had it July 8 and have lost about 18 lbs. so far.  While I do find I feel restriction - that's what happens - they make folds in your pouch and stoma with anchor/sutures to reduce their size - if I don't choose healthy, protein rich foods (and not the bad carbs and fat (i.e. fast food/chips/pretzels), my weight loss halts.  The loss doesn't come quickly like right after the original RNY, but it's pretty much like a regular diet but with restriction.  I also find if I don't exercise and get in enough fluid, the weight loss stops also.  Overall I'm happy for the 2nd chance to make better choices.

Jen
Most Active