Having a EDG today to see condition of stoma

stina1979
on 8/5/08 12:13 am - OH

Leaving in 1/2 an hour to have an EDG to see how my stoma looks.  Gained a lot of weight back after RNY in 2001.  I met with my surgeon a couple of weeks ago to discuss a revision and this is our first step.  I'm hoping for either an Lap-Band or ERNY.

I'll post later.

Sincerely,

Kristina

Kristina
kdsmith
on 8/5/08 9:23 am - TX
stina1979
on 8/5/08 9:48 am - OH
Well looks like a stomaphyx is the only way that my surgeon will go.  Aparently my pouch size is in tact therefore a lap-band would not work, as there is not enough material to work with.  The only issue that he feels that there is, is that the actual stoma itself has streched out and this procedure will provide postive results.  As much as I was and maybe still am skeptical about the stomaphyx procedure (only because there are only a handful of posts and not too much positive or negative feedback.)  I have to accept this as a gift and another chance (permiting insurance approval of course) and be hopeful that it will work for me.  My surgeon indicated that he would like to avoid a invasive procedure, such as an ERNY etc.  As much as I would like the best results possible, I too would like the least invasive procedure.  I need to be able to be back on my feet asap to talke care of my family and work a full-time job. 

I'm told that I should hear something in a couple of weeks.  I will keep you guys posted.

Sincerely,
Kristina
Arizonadck
on 8/5/08 10:03 am - Chicago, IL
I have the same situation - pouch is in tact but it's the stoma that's enlarged.  I'm looking into a revision - don't know if insurance will cover it .  I'm looking into the ERNY.  I didn't wnat another invasive surgery but need more malabsorption to maximize the weight loss.  I wish you the best.  Let us know what you end up doing!!
Most Active