6 month Dr. supervised diet (again)

Joycez
on 8/4/08 3:17 am - Buffalo, NY

Hi:  well, I am making some headway.  I did find out about the 6 month supervised diet  and I have an appointment with my dr. for this Thursday which will cover August.   The next appointment they can give me is either August 28 or Sept. 8 which is after 30 days.  Does it have to be one a month or every 30 days?  If I take the Aug 28th appt, it will then mean I have had 3 appt. by Sept.  Is this crazy or what?  I called the insurance company (again) and the person told me that a few days either way won't matter, but the way I hear others talk that if you don't go within 30 days you have to start all over again.

Any advice?

Thank you,
Joyce

Michael Eak
on 8/4/08 2:24 pm - Largo, FL
If you go with the "Every 30 Days" then you'll start to relax and know that your complyant.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
Joycez
on 8/4/08 11:46 pm - Buffalo, NY
Every 30 days would be nice but they can either do a few days before or a few days after...it is never simple.

thank you,
Joyce
NeedhamGal
on 8/4/08 11:43 pm - MA

I didn't need the 6 mos supervised program...my health plan calls it "I can Change" or as we joke..."I can't change".   When I needed my revision, the doctor specifically asked that the 6 mos "I can change" be waived since I was already under the bariatric umbrella.
It worked...I didn't have to comply with the program.

Did you, yourself, call the customer service people and ask?   I had asked and they told me to request the waiver. 

Otherwise...At our hospital, they have the monthly weight loss program where people like you go to have their weight recorded. However there are support groups for RNY,Band, etc. and if you go to one of those---AND GET WEIGHED----those also count toward the monthly weigh in and meeting.   Just a thought if that is also possible at your hospital...it gives a little bit of flexibility.

Good luck....hope it all works out.

Joan

Joycez
on 8/4/08 11:48 pm - Buffalo, NY
Thank you, I will ask my primary on Thursday and see what they say.  Talking to my insurance company is not that easy.  They keep telling me to have the surgeons office call them and then have the surgeons office call me with the answers.   I think they like to make people go through hell  just for the fun of it.

Joyce
Most Active