Great resource for pre-/post-ops

marylaw
on 8/3/08 12:54 am - Winfield, KS
Dear OH Friends,
All of you have been so helpful. Every day I write down something new. I've ordered books recommended and purchased new products to try out...all to help me prepare for WLS.
I would like to recommend my therapist's CDs. His name is Dean Hall, and he has come up with two CDs that are especially helpful for WLS people, both pre- and post-op.
One CD is called Psalms for Surgery. It's for anyone facing any type of surgery. The music is beautiful, and the verses from Psalms are all about comfort and healing. Dean's voice is very relaxing. I just love it, and I'm using it to prepare for my own WLS.
The second CD I recommend is The START Approach. START stands for "Strategies to Achieve Recovery & Transformation" and is geared particularly to those who are planning to have or have had WLS.
If you're interested in these wonderful resources, check out Dean's web site at www.curtisdeanhall.com.  You can read all about Dean there. If you click on the Products bullet, you can read about Psalms for Surgery and The START Approach CDs, and you can hear a short sound bite from each track on each CD.
I truly believe that these CDs will bring help, comfort, and healing to you in each stage of your weight loss journey. From what I've experienced, just as a pre-op patient, I'd pay 10 times the cost of these CDs.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post. How I appreciate each of you!
Blessings,
Mary
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how BIG your God is!"

ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
Most Active