Self pay/financing options

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/08 3:35 pm
As I am waiting for BCBS of michigan to deny or approve my revision from band to sleeve or DS, I am looking into selfpay options. Any particular companies you used out there to finance your procedure? I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
shotgunchelle
KRWaters
on 8/2/08 4:38 pm - Manteca, CA
Someone on the DS board posted a list of lenders for medical reasons, Care Credit is one, and Capital one has a loan program. I am sorry I don't remmber the others. I, myself, am going to have a revision to the DS. You should come over to the DS board and post your qiestions. Nothing is TMI for us.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

mew6495
on 8/3/08 3:14 am - MI
 I am also waiting on BCBS of MI to approve or reject my revision from RNY to ERNY.  Can  I ask when you submitted and what they told you the requirements you had to meet were?  My Drs office submitted about 7 weeks ago and I have heard nothing.  I called last week and they told me they just received it in the system!   Which I know to be false.  They refuse to send me a copy of their policy of what is needed for revisions and they keep giving a different list of requirements to me and the doctors office.  I was just wondering what was happening in your case or if you were experiencing the same issues.
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/08 9:50 am
Hello,
Sorry for the late reply. I was told yesterday by my office that it may take up to 6 weeks to get approval. So I am just trying to keep my mind focused on other things. I had United when I got my band put in last year. I had no idea I'd be getting it removed. They were easier to deal with. Although they did some things I didn't care too much for, but better than BCBS of michigan. They approved my hospital stay, but not the surgery! So, I am waiting for approval or denial before moving on. I may wait until Jan and go with United. I need to call them and find out what their requirements are for revision surgery. Enrollment will start around maybe September or October. So I may switch back to United. I wish you the best with your journey.

Take care
shotgunchelle
Most Active