ReStore - Had the Sham now actual procedure

NueBelieve
on 8/1/08 8:03 am - PA
I found out last week I didnt have the actual procedure during the "ReStore" trial but the Sham instead. They now gave me the option to have it.... Has anyone acutally had the ReStore procedure?
nannetteb
on 8/3/08 7:33 am - Fort Worth, TX
I too was part of the Sham group of the restore study and now have the option of having the real deal.  I consulted with a Surgeon for a revision last week and he advised me to go for it, and if it's not the fix I need he'll still do a revision, where he remakes my pouch a bit smaller and repairs my very large stoma.  My study coordinator says the restore has not been successfull in helping people lose weight, and no one in the Dallas has lost weight, not even the 5 lead in's who knew they had they actualy restore procedure. I'm willing to give it a try.
NueBelieve
on 8/3/08 9:55 am - PA
Thanks so much for your reply. I thought alot about it and have also decided to give it a try.
I have been reading so so much on all the surgeries offered and got discouraged. I see so many people go from the RNY to lapband and still are not happy. They say the surgeries did not work for them. I truely think they all work but we are not "Working" with the tool we have been given to us. We still revert back to our bad habits and completely defeat the purpose.

Its a battle I know but one I continue to fight. During the 6 months I took off  and kept off 27 pounds so I will have a little jumpstart.

Good Luck to you!
happy girl
on 8/4/08 11:18 am
Yes, I had it.  I just  had my 6 month visit last week.  I was part of the lead in phase at my site, so I knew going into it I would have the real thing.

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

NueBelieve
on 8/5/08 6:44 am - PA
How have you done during the past six months weight wise? Hows your restriction now compared to 6 months ago?

jonathan R.
on 8/20/08 11:46 am - east meadow, ny
 I just saw Dr. Garber in Ny for the restore procedure and getting an endoscopy to see if I am a candidate.  Have you heard if this procedure works.  It sounds good with little risk.
Most Active