RNY After VSG?

Laura L.
on 7/31/08 8:21 am - Ontario, CA
 I am a week away from revising a vertical sleeve gastrectomy to a RNY.  Has anyone else had this done?

Our fates result from our own choices, in this life and every other.
                      I bid you only remember that, and choose mindfully,
                          according to the wisdom that is within you. 

Ancestors of Avalon

Frozen_Peach
on 7/31/08 1:01 pm
I'm curious why you aren't getting the DS....the perfect companion to the VSG?

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

Laurie LOVES her DS
on 7/31/08 1:19 pm - Southern, CA

Maybe you should wait a little while and join us So Cal DSers for lunch on Aug 9th to see how we can EAT and keep off our weight.

You do know you will lose your sleeve and get a pouch with the RNY, dontcha?  Take some time read the grads board or the RNY board here on OH and see the experiences and complications.

Crookes is my doctor ... and I know he has done a gazillion DS ... Don't understand why he is giving you a RNY instead of the DS?

Laurie

PRE OPS ...  Want a surgery that has the least chance of long-term re-gain, is BEST at curing your Diabetes (98%+), removes much of the hunger hormone Ghrelin, NO DUMPING, NO MARGINAL ULCERS and NO STOMA / STRICTURES? CURIOUS WHY I CHOSE THE DS?  VISIT MY PROFILE.

Elizabeth N.
on 7/31/08 11:54 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Why on earth would you revise to an RNY when you're already halfway to a DS?
Valerie G.
on 8/1/08 11:22 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Why on earth would you mangle your stomach like that when you're halfway to a DS already?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active