New Member, Info about Revision from RNY to BPD-DS ?

bigred14u
on 7/31/08 10:24 pm - VA
I am so glad  I joined this site. I have been on everday the last week. I joined in 02 but did not stay tuned. NOw i have gained alot of my weight back i'm depressed and wondering what too do next. I went in weighing 305 i got down too 216 and stopped 4 months later, I was pregnant. lol I had my gastric bypass in 2000 its not 2008 and i'm back up too 250. I have talked too the Dr. about a revision. I am waiting for a EDG I have had my upper GI.  I asked  if its possible for me too get the lap band on top of what I had i would rather have that  I think then the bypass revision. Has anyone had a lap band after bypass surgeory? If so please let me know... and good  luck with you continuing weight loss.
Tabitha70
on 8/1/08 7:38 am
Thank-you all for your replies! I'm still having trouble finding my way around here so I'm a bit confused. :-)  I just re-posted my message on the DS forum,thank-you for the advice about that.
It already helps a little just to be able to read others' similar experiences. It seems like the year 2000 was a hundred years ago as far as information goes. The RNY was really being sold as the 'cure' for obesity it seemed and I just felt SO ashamed that even a surgery couldn't help me. 
At least I know there is still hope for me now, I may have that second chance that I never thought I would get!
So I'm going to keep researching and learning as much as I can so that I can make a better informed decision this time around.
Thank-you all again for your replies and I wish you all well on your journey!!  :-)
Most Active