7 months from Revision Report

JRinAZ
on 7/30/08 9:12 am - Layton, UT
It looks like it's report card day so I'll share my update.

I had ERny with Dr. Schlesinger on Dec 26th.  I lost all of my regain and an additional 20 to put me below my original goal weight.  I had a very rough few weeks and even months and vascilated between feeling like I was dying to wanting someone to kill me!!!!  .......BUT.....a couple of weeks ago I was clocking out of work pretty late and it dawned on me that I had energy.......and that I'd made it through a long work day going full speed, enjoying it and really feeling GREAT!!!!  I drove home that night with all kinds of plans to start enjoying the new me!!!! 

It seems my body has stabilized around 118ish and so I may even give myself permission to shop somewhere other than Ross and Target!!!  .......  I haven't wanted to invest in anything that was only fitting me for a few days!

I am committed to a very structured regime of many vitamins, protein supplements,  and having my labs drawn quarterly.  I keep in touch with Jenn and Dr. S regarding the new tweaks I need to my routine.  My hair is still shedding a bit but promising fuzzies are all over the place.  The potty yuckies are manageable and have tapered bunches.  I'm sure the poor person who comes in after me in a restroom still drops dead but.....oh well, Bath & Body has great little air fresheners that even fit in a purse!

And.....I actually gave myself permission to think beyond survival and more towards a fabulous future!!!!  I can see myself getting more energy every few days and am ready to pick a few new goals.  Getting to a goal weight has been the # 1 for so many years that it's a bit unsettling to study other options.  .....I can hardly wait for things to happen now and that's more like the "me" that I've always known. 

Right now I can't wait to meet some of you and renew acquaintances with others of you at the upcoming O.H. event!!!!  The lineup is going to be soooooo much fun and I just found out yesterday that O.H. actually has invited me to be on stage for a few minutes!!!!!  Holy Cow!  There is some big surprises waiting there but we won't be sharing it on here!  LOL!  Y'all will just have to come and see for yourself!!!!
That's me at 7 months......

Good luck to each of you who are researching and are in the process and who are on the mend from your Revision.  I feel so lucky to have a 2nd chance at this!  If anyone ever has any questions about my experiences or my research then just shoot me a pm at my work e-mail (I have more time to answer from there)[email protected]

REVISIONS ROCK!!!!!  Dr. S is "da man"!!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/08 10:28 am
Joyce,   i  CELEBRATE  YOU  and  YOUR  FANTASTIC SUCCESS!

your honesty and tremendous tenacity inspire...
you are free of your excess weight, full of energy...
you are Lovely and Amazing...
and SO generous with your encouragement.

Thank YOU for your contributions to this webcite...

cayita63
on 7/30/08 10:34 am - Ft Lauderdale, FL
So good to know about you.....please tell us everything
claudia
Arizonadck
on 7/30/08 10:24 pm - Chicago, IL
Joyce - Congratulations!  So glad everything is working out for you!  You are truly a beautiful person!!  Thank you for always offering encouragement - you certainly have motivated me!!  I'm in the process of seeking a revision from Dr. S.  I had a phone consult w/him on Monday.  I had called in a panic because I couldn't "hook up" w/him and spoke w/a Joyce while trying to get Jen.  Gina told me that the Joyce I spoke with was you!  Well thank you so much for getting me thru to the doc - I was a nervous wreck and you certainly helped to calm me down in your matter-of-fact approach w/me.  You reassured me that there was no problem and I would get to speak w/him and then 10 minutes later the doc called.  Thank you Joyce!!!  I wish you all the best!!  Carolyn
JRinAZ
on 8/1/08 8:01 am - Layton, UT
Ahhhhh Carolyn!  You are sooooo kind!  Thanks bunches!  ........I'm soooo excited for you to step out of your own extra load.  I seriously feel like I just unzipped the heavy suit and the lighter me emerged.  Very liberating!  .....  So, today  I went shopping for just the right silver shoes to go with the "mother of the groom" dress I'll be wearing.  My feet were just looking big in every pair I tried on.  I sat in the store checking them out and finally had the thought that my size 7 feet just look bigger at the bottom of a size small body!   .....  I remember always feeling like the Fantasia elephant in my teeny tiny shoes before......  Change is around the corner for you girlfriend!  Keep us posted!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Arizonadck
on 8/4/08 10:54 am - Chicago, IL
I can't wait to "unzip and step out"!  Size 7 shoes are pretty average.  What size clothes are you now?  For 7 to look big you must be very small.  When is your son getting married - that's so exciting!  You're going to be as pretty as the bride!!  What color dress?  I will keep you posted on my road to revision - it's so tedious and hard to be patient waiting.  Thanks again!!
SheriAZ
on 7/31/08 11:35 am
How wonderful for you.... you really are an inspiration for the rest of us who are just beginning our journey down that road of revision. Thank you for all of your kind words of encouragement and I have started my own process and I will keep you informed as to how it goes.

Thanks and I look forward to meeting you.

Sheri
Gwynn M.
on 7/31/08 4:43 pm - Tucson, AZ

As always, you're simply adorable  You already know how amazing I find you! I don't wanna sound like a some kind of a *stalker*!!!   LOL...

I honestly look forward to a shopping spree with you AND...one of those FUN nights of card/game playing at your house!  Mack too of course, he would freak if he missed it!!  LOL

I'm glad you are finally feeling more like your ~perky~ little self!!!!

Luv ya!

Gwynn

Most Active