Well, here I am

LABELSANDLOVE
on 7/30/08 4:48 am, edited 7/30/08 6:23 am - EXPORT, PA
I got the lap band in May 2006 and have had problems for the past year which my old surgeon basically ignored. I went to a new surgeon yesterday and he is going to take the lap band out asap and said that he will do the RNY at the same time.

I have no clue where to go from here. I won't get the benefit of all of the 6 months of seminars that other RNY patients get to go to, so I will be raiding the bookstores and websites online in order to look for RNY info.

Ack!  lol

Karen
Monique H.
on 7/30/08 5:21 am
Even though it is happening so fast, CONGRATS on your revision! I'm sure you'll find all the help you need right here.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
PekinSal
on 7/30/08 7:01 am - UK

Hi Karen, welcome to the board

Is the RNY actually what you want though? If you don't know much about it I'm guessing you might not know about the other surgeries you could have instead? It might be worth lurking on the VSG and DS boards (as well as the RNY board) before you submit yourself to the knife again.

Whats best for you might depend on what you like eating, how good you are at diets, why the band failed you - its quite hard to revise a second time, so take your time and don't feel pressured.

Best of luck

Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

Most Active