DAWN,  I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR  YOU!

my  DEAR,  THAT  IS  EXTRAORDINARY.

i  am  ABSOLUTELY  THRILLED for  YOU!

my  heart is smiling right now...

GURRRL!   WAY TO GO!

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/08 3:04 am - Brunswick, ME

Hi Dawn,

I'm sorry that your family hasn't been supportive from the beginning.  I think that's so sad, for them and for you.  I am so happy to hear that you are doing so well since you're revision.  You are so right about Dr. S and Jen, they could not be more supportive and encouraging.  Keep us posted on your progress!!!

Angie

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/08 11:04 pm - on the border, MA
You know Angie, I even ask myself that question, it sure is frustrating not to have the ablity to deal with our issues with diet alone, I lost my lap band due to my esophagus motility, meaning the pressure on my stomach caused the little bit of food I was able to eat, sit in my esophagus for hours and hours w/o digestion, then 2 slips.  I am foot stomping mad that it didn't work out for me, because that was my perminant solution, as a matter of fact, I lost 117# and was "normal", now I am trapped in insurance pergatory (sp) and I keep attempting to diet, but I am not doing well at all, I have gained back most of what I lost.  People think its a matter of discipline, but they don't understand some of us can only manage enough food to feed a hummingbird to keep weight off.  No one but you will understand what is going on with you, and the picture is much much bigger.  I wish you great success in whatever you choose.  I don't think deep down inside we are thrilled with the thoughts of WLS, but when it's the only option that will work, then I am greatful for it.  Again, best of luck and keep your chin up, you are not a failure. {hugs}
Most Active