ulcers might need revision

seechoc
on 7/29/08 2:36 pm
 hi,

I had my rny surgery in 1999. Been having a lot of trouble with my stomach and they have done lots of tests. Come to find out I have five ulcers. I went to a new doctor today and he said he was referring me to a surgeon and he thinks I need to have a revision to my rny. He said it is a complicated surgery and now they need to bypass my original bypass and find new stomach area. Do they use the area that has not been used for almost ten years? Do they cut the remaining old stomach into two and connect that? I don't want the big stomach again. He also said that this is becoming more common is old bypasses. Does anyone know what they do or how it is done? Have you ever heard of this? My first surgery was very painful.

thank you,
Seechoc

stina1979
on 7/30/08 5:39 am - OH
Hi,

I myself had a RNY in 2001 and since then have developed several bleeding ulcers.  I'm scheduled for another Upper Endoscopy (EGD) next Tuesday, where my surgeon will determine what to do regardging a revision.

Good Luck to you!

Kristina
seechoc
on 7/30/08 6:14 am
Hi Kristina, thanks you for answering me. when finding out on Tues., can you please have him explain what they do. do they cut the rest of the unused stomach into two and use it like that so your stomach is still small and if this ulcer thing happenes again in another ten, won't they need that part for another bypass? my doc yesterday said sometimes the bypasses are not lasting more then ten years without complications. thanks, Kathleen aka seechoc
Most Active