hi, new here and getting a revision to rny

Arizonadck
on 8/5/08 1:20 am - Chicago, IL
Wow - this is so fabulous - a wealth of needed information!!  I'm just looking into a revision - hope to have it by year end (if insurance cooperates).  But I printed this and filed it to use come the time!  Thank you so much!!  Carolyn
Kim E.
on 7/31/08 1:16 pm - VA
all of these revison from lap band to rny are very promising !
Please tell me if anyone has BCBS Anthem with the state of virginia!  I am finding it very hard to get anyone from the ins company who knows what they will approve.....
Kim 

Lap Band March 2007- SW = 310
DS - 4/24/09 - SW = 255
CW = 175
GW = 160
Colon Cancer Survivor and Obesity Survivor - Can't do much better then that !!  ENJOY !!!

Cynthia Johnson
on 8/2/08 8:57 am
Don't forget to ask how long will your common channel be shortend too.  Will it be proximal, distal or extened?  All the best!
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/08 3:29 pm - AZ
Hi,

My name is Dawn. I had a revision from a RNY to a Extended RNY. It has been about 4 weeks since my surgery was July 2, 2008. I am feeling really good with all the vitimans I have been taking. I only had 1 problem with my protein mixes. I mixed them with water and they went right thru me. Now I milk with fat free milk and they stay in me. I am glad I am not lactose intolernce. I have lost 30 lbs since july 2 but 15 poounds preop so I lost a total of 45 lbs now. I am in total shock. I will will keep my rountine because I must be doing something correct. We are always here for you if you have any questions or need support. I have 75 cm of my common channel left from my E-RNY. Good luck....
obrienbus18
on 8/3/08 7:53 am - Linwood, MA
I had my revision from the band to RNY on June 24. It isn't any worse than having lapband done.
I felt I did better because I knew what to expect. It took me 4 weeks to be totally pain free. I came home and never did pain meds at home. The weight is coming off, I am at 24 lbs post op. The best part about RNY is that you have restriction and I have no hunger. You don't have to wait months to get the right adjustment, if you actually do...Best of Luck...Debbie

charleston-mom
on 8/4/08 11:42 pm
I had revision from the horrible lapband to RNY on August 23, 2007. I am down to 121 pounds and thank God every day for my RNY. I lost just as fast as the first timers after my revision and haven't had any problems except for a small wound infection after surgery. I'm so grateful for getting a second chance with a better surgery!
Most Active