Polyps

rebeccaford
on 7/28/08 3:37 pm - Honolulu, HI
Hello All...I just had an endoscopy because I've been throwing up on a regular basis for about 3 years and have had just some vicious acid reflux.  I kept thinking it was all me...eating too fast, too much, etc.  I can definitely eat tons of slider foods, but a bite of a hard boiled egg or tuna, sends me running to the bathroom.  Well, I can't believe it but my GI doc said my surgery is a failure.  I sincerely do take responsibility for my weight gain (all but 10 lbs regained) but to finally hear someone say it wasn't all my fault felt good.  My stoma was very narrow, so my doc enlarged it to 15mm.  I feel better now when I eat, but the reflux is miserable! 

Anyway, he found some polyps that he took a biopsy of and sent them to pathology.  He said they are common...but I'm still a little worried.  Anyone have these? 

After the biospy comes back clean (i hope!) he's going to refer me to the general surgeon (I'm a Tricare patient) for a consult on a revision.  I am not sure how I feel about the revision part, but I'm more nervous about the polyps.  I posted my endo pics if anyone is interested in seeing them.  I find them actually fascinating :-)  http://ilostmycontact.blogspot.com

TIA...Becca
KCameron
on 7/28/08 9:11 pm - Radcliff, KY

Hi Becca,
Your story could be mine. I am also looking at revision or reversal of my vbg for all the same reasons. I also felt like it was my fault. I have had two endoscopies and dilated twice. Polyps, too. I also have reflux. I am also a Tricare patient.lol
I am still in the process of having some tests done. I just had a gastric emptying study and esophageal motility study. I am leaning toward revision to rny. The re-routing of the intestines scares me, especially with the recent passing of Vicki from an obstruction.
I am in KY, so we are neighbors. I would love it if you would keep me posted on your progress.
Good luck and hope you start feeling better.

Kim C.

rebeccaford
on 7/29/08 12:56 pm - Honolulu, HI
Hi Kim...great hearing from you.  I'll keep you posted for sure.  We sound a lot alike except you've kept the weight off!!  LEt's email off line...my email is [email protected].

Becca
andibabyz06
on 7/29/08 7:19 am
Hi Becca,

I too had the VBG, and ended up with a narrow stoma, and bad reflux.  I also had the polyps.  I thought it was all my fault, and found out that a lot of patient's that go through the VBG go through this problem as well, (a nurse at the GI doc's office told me that).  I have had my revision, and it is a lot tougher than the original surgery, as far as recovery goes.  So please think about it long and hard.  If you have any questions, please feel free to email me and or call me.  My email is either [email protected], and [email protected].  My home phone number is 651 207 5749.  I live in Minnesota.

Hope to talk to you soon.

Andi B.
rebeccaford
on 7/29/08 12:52 pm - Honolulu, HI

Thanks, Andi for your candid responses.  I have some questions, so I'll email you off line. 

Becca

Most Active