No Rose for ME in L.B.

michele W.
on 7/27/08 11:52 pm - eatontown, NJ
I had my endoscopy EGD test on Friday. The doctor said my pouch and stoma were not enlarged, something about the part after that was and that was why I could eat more. Not really sure what that means, I was a still a bit groggy. The report they gave me to take home said "not a good candidate" for the ROSE procedure. Needless to say I cried.

I know CenterState Bariatrics does the Stomaphyx and I believe Lap Band over RNY. I haven't heard many positives about stomaphyx so far. Does anyone have any feed back about the lap band over rny. My concern is I have already had adhesions removed once and am concerned about that happening again.

If any could give me some insight I would greatly appreciate it, and if you prefer to email me privately that would be great too.

Thanks again,
Michele

P.S. Christine you look fabulous!!
Arizonadck
on 7/28/08 5:45 am - Chicago, IL
I'm so sorry!  I was part of the clinical trial for the ROSE in Ohio.  When I came to I was told they couldn't do it - my pouch wasn't large enough for the instrument to pass thru to get to the stoma (which is enlarged).  I cried as well and it took me a good week to get over it.  Now I'm looking into revisions - was considering the band over bypass but after reading so many different posts feel I need more malabsorption.  My advice - read Dr. Schlesinger's ABC's of Revisions!  It offers indepth insight on the different revisions and which are good for whom.  I'm sorry you had to go thru this - but believe me you will get over it and move on to doing more research and you will find what's right for you!  Good Luck!!! 
michele W.
on 7/29/08 3:39 am - eatontown, NJ
Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm sure I need the malabsorption as well but am a little nervous about getting adhesions again.  Even though for all I know this good be a possiblity with the band as well. Please keep me posted on your progress and I will as well.
Take Care and Good Luck to you too!
Michele
Arizonadck
on 7/29/08 7:57 am - Chicago, IL
I definitely will.  Just had my phone consultation w/Dr. Schlesinger in Phoenix.  Went very well.  Very confident in him and trust him.  I have to do some more tests and then it will be submitted to insurance.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Let me know how you do as well!  Good Luck!!  Carolyn
michele W.
on 7/31/08 3:39 am - eatontown, NJ

Carolyn,
That is fantastic. It is the absolute best feeling when you are confident with your doctor. I am excited for you!
Good luck,
Michele

cmr3399
on 8/1/08 1:25 pm - Bayville, NJ
Shelly!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm soooooo sorry!!!!!! I wish I could say more ...but hang in there....give Dr Washington a call @ Centra state..there are so many more options.....Talk to you soon I hope....

Chris

'Nothing Tastes as good as THIN FEELS!"

Most Active