Still not loosing any weight!

LosingSally
on 7/29/08 7:00 pm
I'm very sorry to have hurt you or made you feel bad. I'm sure things will kick in soon, sometimes it takes a few weeks.
Zee Starrlite
on 7/29/08 2:10 am
Wow Darnell, I didn't hear an update on you for a very long time - haven't been on the revision board.  I'm sooooooooooooo sorry that your revision has not so far turned out the way it should have.  Let's not lose hope.  My Lap Band strangely is working (knock on wood) like it never has before 3 years post-doc after being almost a complete dud.  I've decided to not question it so much, but to just embrace it.

Everyone says that it is mostly the restriction that helps you to get the weight off and it's the malabsorbtion that helps you to maintain.  I don't have to tell you that the stomaphx has not had great results and that seems where the problems may be.  You need the restriction.  If your surgery is not working it is definately not your fault.

I'm not familiar with the mini-gastric bypass.  I am going to see what it looks like - do you have a pouch at all?  I wonder if it could be converted into a sleeve (VSG).  I know you definately don't want to hear about a 3rd WLS . . . not to mention the scar tissue docs shy away from.  There are revision experts though.

And . . . don't hate me for saying this . . . we always have Weigh****chers.  WW had never worked for me in the past, but I found a wonderful leader, a fabulous group and I actually love and look forward to going there every Saturday morning.

If you need someone to talk to, let me know.  I can PM you my #

God Bless,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

darnell239
on 7/29/08 2:15 am - Columbia, SC
Zee,

Thanks for the words of encouragement.  You are right I need the restriction!  Yes, I do have a pouch.  There is a forum on this website on the mini-gastric bypass.  Also, check out: clos.net that is the official site for the mini gastric bypass and it will provide a lot of info on the procedure and will give an outline comparison of the RNY and the mini if you are interested in finding out more info.  I'm glad the lapband is working for you and hope it keeps working.
Most Active