Does anyone know if Dr. Duncan (GA) does revisions

powersz
on 7/27/08 6:25 am - GA
I had my Lap RNY on 7/02 and was successful until I had an intestinal Blockage 3/03 after that I never lost another pound and have slowly gained weight ever since now I am up 40 lbs. Dr. Duncan performed the surgery but I don't know if he does revisions. I have an appt scheduled in two weeks but want to know what to expect before I meet with him.
AphY Girl
on 7/27/08 6:39 am
He may since he did your first surgery...  he wouldn't see my for a revision because he didn't do my first surgery.  I did find a doctor who does revisions and will accept me as a patient... early post today if you want to read... however, it is Dr Procter in ******* and Gainsville GA.

Good luck... I also had a blockage and 2 kids and have gained back about 100lbs.
M. Hall
on 7/27/08 6:50 am - Norcross, GA
Emily is right! Dr Duncan did my sisters RNY and he does not specialize in revisions. However since you have the lap band, if you were to go to the Rny, he might do it. If he wont do it then he will most likely refer you to my surgeon, Dr. Burrowes or one of the surgeons in there loop. Dr Burrowes referred my sis to Duncan because she didnt want to have open surgery. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grace30269
on 7/28/08 1:06 pm - Peachtree City, GA
When I contacted his office a few months ago looking for a surgeon I was told that he does not do revisions and that he is now doing plastics.  He wasn't my original surgeon, but I can't remember whether or not that would have made a difference.  The only two surgeons I found who would do revisions on someone who was not their original surgeon was Dr. Champion and Dr. Williams.
Most Active