Revision Consult FINALLY - Aug 7th

AphY Girl
on 7/27/08 6:03 am
I am so happy!  I have an appointment with Dr Procter here in ******* / Gainsville GA on August 7th, (My husband's bday)!!!!!!

I have been researching and researching and putting off and putting off this for about 2 years now!  I am so pleased to find a docter who has read through my post op reports from all of my pervious surgeries and has decided he is willing to take the risk and see me!!

They requested that I have an Upper GI with small bowel follow through done.  I did on June 24 to find out that I have a fast draining pouch (large stoma) and it took 2 1/2 hours for the contrast to get to my colon after I drank it (doctor said that is too long for a RYN patient) and I also have a loop in my bowel and a hernia.  So, my PCP got the results and requested I have a CT scan - I had that a couple of weeks ago and it said that I indeed have a hernia and a couple of other things.  I have the fims and will be bringing them with me to my appointment with Dr Proter.

While speaking with Amy, his assistant, she said I most likely will need my pouch 'fixed' and have my intestines shortened to be a Extended RNY - my post from my original surgery says mine is 150cm and he will shorten it to 75cm.

I am so excited... I started at 420 lbs, lost to 225lbs and have had 2 babies since and now at 320lbs.  I want to get to 215lbs, that would be the best for my body structure and height!

Wish me luck - oh, also I have contacted my insurance company and as long as I am SMO they will approve it!!  YAY!!

Thanks everyone... I will keep you all posted!
happy girl
on 7/27/08 1:05 pm, edited 7/27/08 1:06 pm
I am pretty sure you want your roux limb to be longer not shorter (150cm => 75cm is going in the wrong direction), or are talking about your common channel?

Good Luck

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

AphY Girl
on 7/28/08 12:47 am

Common Channel... thnaks

Cynthia Johnson
on 7/28/08 1:28 am
Good for you Emily. The revision is going well for me I lost 15 lbs first off and several inches since the 1st of July. Make sure you follow through with the supplements and water.
Cynthia
AphY Girl
on 7/28/08 3:07 am
Thanks!  And I am so glad to see that you are doing well.  how much are you wanting to lose?  I have my blood drawn every month and the only thing that stays low is my blood with me being anemic - but I was that before surgery as well.

I really would like to lose 100lbs... I know it is going to be slower than when I had my first rny - but I am committed to losing it!  AND KEEPING IT OFF!!
Cynthia Johnson
on 7/28/08 10:26 am
Hi Emily, my target is 153 lbs. I've got to reach my goal.  I lost 100 lbs when I had the rny back in 2003 and put it all back on.  If I had had the extended I would have reached my goal.  Even though the weight loss maybe slower I think we have a chance to reach goal.
Cynthia
Most Active