Extended - revision'ers - need to hear from you !

ginau
on 7/26/08 3:13 am - mesa, AZ

OK  I know we have had a lot of people get their revision done in the last few weeks / months

So -- How is everyone doing ??  any problems , issue's  Wow moments ??  fill us in ...

As for me I had a big blood draw last week and should know my  results Tuesday.  The Sharks  are getting better  ( Sh_ts + farts )  -  no  big wow moment yet ! Tuesday might be another story

M. Hall
on 7/26/08 3:49 am - Norcross, GA
Hey Gina
Im a little worried now about the weight loss. 29 lbs so far. I went to see my Doc on the 16th (1 month out) and I havent lost anything since then. This is harder than I thought. My Doc said I wouldnt have that cushion like I had with the first surgery. I started eating out a measuring cup and I never felt full. So I took it up to my 2 year old baby bowls and thats what I eat out of now. I also throw up alot because he put that band (fobi pouch) on so that gives me h**l. Im at a halt and i dont know what to do. Some days i feel tired and some days Im fine. I was out for the summer and school starts back on the 11th so I will finally be able to get out of the house or I will eat myself to death. My hair is thinning, I was combing it and a wad of hair came out. Ive been taking 2 multi- vitamin, b12, and protein per day. Do I need something else? My bowels are the best thing that couldve happen to me in this surgery cause now Im backed up, when I use to take out the bathroom every morning. The first thing I put in my mouth in the morning, within 10 minutes Id have dumping, diarrhea whatever it was I had it. I guess when I go in for my 2 month visit I will get my big blood draw. So let me know how yours goes. In the meantime, I try to get in more protein and read up on more things that I can do. Good luck on your results!!!!!!! 
ginau
on 7/26/08 8:00 am - mesa, AZ

Your right 2nd time is harder, we have to watch carbs and sugars - My O My I can eat carbs !!  we have to remind ourselves to eat right, exercise and not fall into old habits. Baby bowls are a great Idea - just remember  dense meats will fill you up faster and longer...  4-1 rule  in effect ? 4protein = 1 fruit,veggie ,carbs bite  ( might help)

Plateau's are normal - Kick up water, protein and maybe add a couple vitamins - I use Biotin and found a hair & nail vitamin, - that one adds zinc and copper??? whoo knows maybe it will help, Too Hot in Az for my wig, I permed my hair and let it go curly with some hair goo in it.

YOUR SCALE WILL BE MOVING IN NO TIME !!!  give your body a little more time to recover from the shock  ( 2nd time around )

Heidineub
on 7/26/08 6:20 am
Thanks for this post. It is good to connect with other extended revisioners. I hit the seven week mark since by surgery. I was feeling down the beginning of the week because the scale hasn't been moving. But when I weighed in yesterday I was happy to see some loss. I'm down a total of 30 pounds since surgery. My activity level is good. I exercise every day at least 30 minutes. I just bought an elliptical machine and will add that to my exercise routine. I've been wearing clothes that I haven't fit into for some time, so that's a good feeling. I find the "second time around" very different from the first surgery experience. It is harder to lose the weight, but I'm also more educated about what I need to do and more careful about the protein. Best of luck to all our fellow revisioners on this journey. I hope we continue to be there for each other.
Gay S.
on 10/2/08 9:42 pm - Willis, TX
I have just one ? for you about your revision.  It is a little personal but here goes  Do you have a problem with loose bowels.  I am considering a ERNY and am concerned about this problem. 
Thanks
ginau
on 10/3/08 12:19 am - mesa, AZ
I had some issue for a couple months but  back to normal now !   If you refrain from complex/ refined carbs, and add in some  good natural fiber - you wont have any issue

Too not everyone has issue's  some  do just fine  and  dont understand  the loose bowel issue at all ! 

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Gay S.
on 10/4/08 1:39 am - Willis, TX
Thank you very much for your answer.  Did you have the erny done laproscopically?  I'm hoping for that .  I go to my Doctor next Wednesday.  I am just hoping that he is agreeable to somethingand that he doesn't  just hand me a print out of how to use the tool.  I've gotten that before.  I know that my pouch has stretched and probably the stoma has dialated too.  I have gained 42 lbs but am holding there.  I know that I failed my surgery,  It didn't fail me.  I didn't do what I was supposed to do according to the rules of the Pouch.  Well I guess I have spewed enough.  Thanks for listening.

babybee6
on 7/27/08 10:37 am - Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for posting this. I just wish more people were responding. The ERNY is what I'm considering getting.  I called my PCP for a refferal on Friday for a surgeon 2 hours away. The surgeon here is retiring. I didn't hear from my doctor's office, yet but it was late in the afternoon when I called. I go round and around about this and have been for a couple of years. It's making me crazy. Wait. Too late. (:
Brenda
Joycez
on 7/27/08 12:16 pm - Buffalo, NY
What is the difference between the ERNY and distal? 

Thank you,
Joyce
ginau
on 7/27/08 2:10 pm - mesa, AZ
generally length of common channel ..
Most Active