Just had first consultation for revision surgery

SheriAZ
on 7/25/08 7:27 am

I had my first appointment with Dr. Schlesinger in Phoenix yesterday regarding revision surgery. Well everything that everyone said about him certainly was true. And Jenn is a darling also. He is very approachable and a no BS kind of Dr. he certainly told it like it is...the good and the bad. He feels that the revision can work for me but only if I am medically able and if I am willing to give as much as I get. Which means follow up appointments, blood work, vitamins, protein, the right foods, support groups etc. He explained the little "stinky" things that go along with the DS surgery and the risks involved. Right now I have to have tons of blood work, pulmonary work ups, cardiac consultations, sleep studies, upper GI and Pscyh study. Wow !!!!  Jenn suggested a few people on here that I could ask about recovery time since I am a high school teacher and can't really miss much school time. I am excited and optimistic. I am not too worried about the insurance since I have two. My secondary will pay for sure so if my primary will not I will just drop them and just keep my secondary, I wonder if thats ok to do? Well it's been a good day and a wonderful start. As soon as I figure out how to put a picture on here I will do that also.
Sheri 

ginau
on 7/25/08 7:34 am - mesa, AZ

Congratulations - So it sounds like you will be joining our little family?  Can we look forward to seeing you at the OH event in Sept ???

Remember - Order online and Use code CACTUS08 to receive $15.00 the ticket price.

Most Active