lapband to RNY

Kim E.
on 7/24/08 2:36 pm - VA
update...
my surgeon was very understanding about me wanting the lapband revision to eh RNY ... now just going thru the motions to hopefully get ins to cover.  I have Ins with BCBS Anthem with the state of virginia ... anyone out there with good news and that ins??
THANKS
Kim 

Lap Band March 2007- SW = 310
DS - 4/24/09 - SW = 255
CW = 175
GW = 160
Colon Cancer Survivor and Obesity Survivor - Can't do much better then that !!  ENJOY !!!

ginau
on 7/25/08 12:55 am - mesa, AZ

Kim

That is awesome news . I am sure  he will get approval - your track record of the lap band will help..  Start getting ready .. Your surgery day will be here before you know it.

A friends husband is looking into same thing.

Kim E.
on 7/26/08 11:53 am - VA
Thanks for your words of encouragement !! PLEASE I pray it will get approved and soon.  What hoops did you have to go through to get approved ?  Psych.. Nut... Tests?
How long did the process take?
Did they remove the band and the port or just the port?
what type of RNY did you get (regular, distol or extended) and what is the diff ?  I forgot to ask him.

THANKS
Kim 

DS - 4/24/09 - SW = 255
CW = 175
GW = 160
Colon Cancer Survivor and Obesity Survivor - Can't do much better then that !!  ENJOY !!!

Kim E.
on 7/26/08 11:54 am - VA
NeedhamGal
on 7/25/08 12:02 pm - MA
I had a lapband to rny conversion 2 weeks ago.  so far -good. 2 major differences so far....Felt terrific after surgery...didn't have stomach soreness like when the band/port installed the port installed into the muscles.    Can drink anytime day or night....unlike the band when restricted...can't drink too early.....can't drink at night.
If I can help in any way let me know.

Joan
Kim E.
on 7/26/08 11:50 am - VA
Thanks Joan
What type of RNY did you have (regular, distol or extended --- and what is the difference)... did they removed the whole band and port or just the port?  I did not ask my surgeon.  Drinking is something I miss... cus I ALWAYS liked my water - now I have to take it in little quantities....
Kim 

DS - 4/24/09 - SW = 255
CW = 175
GW = 160

NeedhamGal
on 7/26/08 12:12 pm - MA
I had a regular RNY....they did remove the band, port and tubing.    My doc said food choices would be easier with RNY...and so far they have been.   I have been eaten chicken, chewed & chewed and it didn't get stuck.  I would almost never eat chicken with the band for it would get stuck.

Hope all works in your favor.  Joan
VGee
on 7/26/08 3:59 pm - Metairie, LA
Hi everyone, I have been approved for my revision of my surgery, and am going for my pre-op on Monday and my surgery is on Thursday.  I am having my RNY that was done about 16 years ago revised so that I can get the ball rolling again.  I am excited and hope you all will keep me in your prayers this week as I venture on to this new stage in my life,  Thanks.  By the way, I have BCBS and they approved me with no problem.
mew6495
on 7/27/08 4:44 am - MI
 Hi VGee,

What kind of revision are you having?  Can you also tell me what you had to submit to BCBS for your approval?
VGee
on 7/27/08 2:34 pm - Metairie, LA
Hi mew6495,

I am having a laproscopic revision of my original open RNY.  My new doctor did a EGD and found out that my pouch actually did not enlarge very much but that my intestines enlarged a whole lot making like a new stomach so I was starting to gain weight.  He says that sometimes there is a different part of intestines that they use that does not stretch.  Along with the fact that 16 years ago we were not told NOT to drink carbonated drinks after this type of surgery and that causes stretching.  So He will make my pouch smaller (at my request) and then make my intestines the way they are supposed to be so that I can get back to the loosing tract.
Most Active