Throwing up after sleeve revision

sweetness75
on 7/22/08 9:50 am - Seat Pleasant, MD
Hi All,
I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. Mostly in the morning when I wake up I throw up what seems to be acid and then if I eat maybe an our or two later I throw up whatever I eat.  I have only been able to eat mashed potatoes and I don't want to keep eating that because I know that is a carb and I don't want to gain any of my weight back.
At times I feel like this is the worse thing that I have done because I feel bad most of the time and I don't want to eat anything. I don't know when I am hungry I guess that this will come in time. I know that I can't change what I have done but if I am going to feel this way the whole time I don't know. All of the message I have read about having the sleeve everyone is saying that they feel great but what about me.  I am sorry about venting but I just am so frustrated about not being about to eat or drink anything without throwing up.

Beginning/Current/Second mini goal/Goal
311             260        250             200

If I stay strong and watch what I eat the pounds will melt away. Thanks for the support.

NeedhamGal
on 7/22/08 10:43 am - MA
I think you should contact your doctor.   Maybee they will have some antinauseau medicine for you, maybee some prilosec.  I am sure throwing isn't good for the surgery site.
Hope you feel better.
Joan
Sarah76010
on 7/22/08 10:48 am - Mansfield, TX
Hey dear - *hugs* so sorry for your trouble.

Are you on an antacid, something like Pepcid? Have you tried scrambled eggs, applesauce, yogurt? those are a very similar consistency, so you might be able to keep those down, too.

Are you laying flat on your back at night? That might aggravate it, as well.

"You can make a life, or you can make excuses, but you can't do both."

Considering weight loss surgery? Check out the DS first!!
www.dsfacts.com

K B (Tucson)
on 7/22/08 11:53 am - Tucson, AZ
Acid is a real problem for new post-op vsg.  My doc gave me a precription for antacid prior to my revision.  I needed it for several weeks post.  I still have a bit of acid when I exert myself at times, but it does go away with time.  Normal stuff, so don't panic.
Nancy K.
on 7/22/08 12:20 pm - Joliet, IL

If it were me I would be panicing. After my revision I had a complete gastric outlet blockage. Could not keep ANYTHING down. I had to have a second surgery (open this time) to fix it.

I would definately call my Dr. if I were you. Better safe than sorry. Good Luck to you. I will pray for you to feel better soon.

Ms Shell
on 7/24/08 7:45 am - Hawthorne, CA
Same advice, call the surgeon and discuss this, cause many VSGers have acid problems the first few months after surgery.  Many are given anti-acid medications upon discharge.

Please let us know how you are doing.  Pray you are doing better.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active