??? how did you know?

kimbo76112
on 7/22/08 9:44 am - fort worth, TX
Hello, i am so frustrated with these surgery. I am over 2 months out. since the surgery i have only lost about 25lbs. I know that everyone looses at different rates, but i feel like this was a waste. I would be happy if i had maybe had the lap band, but i had the gastric. Everyone who had the suregery on the same date as me has lost about 50-60lbs by this point. i excersise and do get my water in but i think i am eating more than i should. only dumping problems  might have is if i eat to much sugar or carbs my heart beggins to race. Its the only way i know that i had this surgery. Fruits, meats and everything else give me no problems. I want to ask my dr if he thinks it didnt work but they say i am fine. i want to know at what point did anyone of you know that the surgery was a failure. THanks
Love, Life, Live Long
scaryreader
on 7/23/08 2:20 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Kimberly, a stall is quite common. And don't compare your rate of loss to others. Sometimes you may even gain a few, but don't panic. I gained 8lbs one week then lost 10 the next and have been losing steadily since then. 
                (((Kimberly)))

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

katrinaha
on 7/23/08 3:28 am - Houston, TX
Hang in there! I agree with your nut about keeping a food journal, there could be a lot of different reasons for the stalls; you can also have stalls when you are NOT getting enough calories. I know its hard not to compare our weight loss to others, but if you look at the whole picture it evens out over time. I have been on my journey for almost 3 years, ups and downs all along the way, but today I can say its worth it. Your surgery was not a failure, I think you just need to make some adjustments, and remember just because you "can" does not nmean you should. Get back to basics, your still a newbie! 
kimbo76112
on 7/30/08 8:00 am - fort worth, TX
thanks for the advice. i really apprieciate it.
Most Active