My primary found out

ginau
on 7/22/08 12:45 am - mesa, AZ

This is kinda funny

I have a sinus infection , so I go to my PCP yesterday , the girls asks about current meds ,, I tell her what I am taking - she puts in the computer ...  Well then My  Dr starts asking me about  the meds - I give him the low down and he just sits there shaking his head.  Poor man !  I think he wanted to fire me  as a patient.  Instead I invited him to  come and visit the O.H. convention ...

Deanne K.
on 7/22/08 1:28 am - Tucson, AZ
Well you knew he would eventually find out.  I am glad that it's out in the open, so now he can help you with whatever you need him to do.  He will come around.  It would be nice to see Physicians come to the groups to learn about the OH and the people involved.
ginau
on 7/22/08 4:36 am - mesa, AZ
I gave him opp to  piggyback on blood draw ... ended up 2 more tubes !!!  he is soo funny .. I hope he comes to the Event.  he is so anti surgery ...  
Arizonadck
on 7/22/08 4:25 am - Chicago, IL
I hope you feel better!!  Sinus infections can be so nasty.  Take care!
M. Hall
on 7/22/08 5:19 am - Norcross, GA
Gina you crazy! The county makes us do personal physicals every year with a company of there choice. I did mine last week. They ask for us to bring in all of our prescriptions that we are taking, so here I am walking in with a ziplock bag full of scipts. Mind you im the youngest one in the room, so everyone looking at me like what the ****. They probably think i got Aids or something as nosy as those people are on my job. But I finally get to see the Doc and hear she goes lecturing me about the surgery and all the prescriptions and why you do this and why you do that. They have not a clue! My sis had the Rny 2 years after me and her WLS Doc uses Ridlin cause somehow it helps with the intestines and pushes food thru. Well when she does her physical they insist that they gave her the wrong script. Wrong answer! Its in the description that they give when you pick up your meds.  
ginau
on 7/22/08 5:27 am - mesa, AZ

LMAO -- he would freak  if they ever put me on Ridlin ! he'd be calling the medical board ...

I only have 3 scripts , flagyl - for gas, bloat etc... and Lomotil - for the loose  stools , I should be off both of them in about 6 months time ...  The 3rd is a  B-12 injection / he wrote for me.

I know he was on staff at a hospital  that  housed the Wish Center here in Az and saw some pretty wild stuff  and maybe thats why he is not too  HIP  on the surgery..   I just have to prove to him that surgery does work for people ... Then  he will change his mind.

Deanne K.
on 7/22/08 7:13 am - Tucson, AZ
I actually think you are talking about Reglan which does empty the stomach.  Ritalin is for ADHD.  Just FYI.  I took Reglan for awhile and the GI Dr. (not surgeon) took me off immediately as it has major side affects.
Most Active