how to convince doc you need revision ??

Kim E.
on 7/21/08 2:03 pm - VA
I am going to see my surgeon tomorrow morn to beg for RNY after my lapband 16 mos ago.  How did you convince him to do the revision ?  I started at 310 and have lost 50 pounds... any advice is appreciated !  I have BC BS ins with state of VA.
Kim 

Lap Band March 2007- SW = 310
DS - 4/24/09 - SW = 255
CW = 175
GW = 160
Colon Cancer Survivor and Obesity Survivor - Can't do much better then that !!  ENJOY !!!

ginau
on 7/21/08 2:10 pm - mesa, AZ

Kim

Be open and honest with hom/ her. tell them your concerns with not loosing and why you feel Rny would be best for you.

JSIL
on 7/21/08 2:12 pm
I hate the lap-band and want it out also.  I want a revision to DS.  I had lapband in 4/07, was ok at first.  Then one complete unfill because of stuck/throwing up and bad ever since.  I told my doctor that I felt the "quality" of my life changed because of the stuck feeling,(protein) throwing up daily, and finally the dreaded heartburn.  He said the lapband works for some people, but it is not working for you.  I was happy he agreed.

NeedhamGal
on 7/22/08 2:23 am - MA
You may need to show your insurance company that something is broken or your body can't handle the band.   My band had a leak...and we were actually afraid the insurance might say they would only pay for a repair/replacement.   I however had a history of fills/unfills and reflux and thank the Lord, they paid for the removal and Rny.

I wish you the best. It is a very nerve-wracking time.

Joan
JSIL
on 7/22/08 1:15 pm
Thanks, I need luck right now.  I am just hoping for a removal.  I will (in the future) look into options for the DS. 

Kim E.
on 7/24/08 2:35 pm - VA
update
my surgeon was very understanding... now just going thru the motions to hopefully get ins to cover.  I have Ins with BCBS Anthem with the state of virginia ... anyone out there with good news and that ins??
THANKS

Kim 

Lap Band March 2007- SW = 310
DS - 4/24/09 - SW = 255
CW = 175
GW = 160
Colon Cancer Survivor and Obesity Survivor - Can't do much better then that !!  ENJOY !!!

Most Active