New to OH

grace30269
on 7/21/08 12:26 pm - Peachtree City, GA

I've been lurking a while, but now that my surgery is becoming a reality I thought I'd become a part of the community.  I had a VBG 7 years ago but my stoma has become so restricted that I'm very limited in what I can eat.  I was diagnosed with anemia earlier this year and during the EGD in subsequent workup the restricted stoma was found.  When the surgeon did his EGD he found a staple line disruption.  My original surgery had many complications and was very traumatic, so I'm not looking forward to another bariatric procedure.  On August 12 I am scheduled for a revision to an RNY.  (I don't mean to step on any toes, but I'm not interested in a DS.)  I'm looking forward to getting to you you all.

Grace

ginau
on 7/21/08 2:08 pm - mesa, AZ

Welcome Grace ..

Wow sounds like you have had a wild ride ! I know your Dr would not subject you to more Surgery - if he didnt feel it was needed,  I hope this helps to solve some of your issue's

fortworthgal
on 7/22/08 2:55 am - Fort Worth , TX
Welcome to the community. There are so many great boards and so much help and information. I have a lap band but I am getting a revision to RNY on Aug 1st and I cant wait!  Hope your revision is complication free!

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

Nancy K.
on 7/22/08 12:32 pm - Joliet, IL
:wave:

Welcome. I am glad you finally posted. I just had a revision from a VBG to a VSG which is stage one of the DS. I am curious as to why you are not interested in the DS.
Nancy

KRWaters
on 7/23/08 12:48 am - Manteca, CA
Nancy, I did not know you had to go through two stages. How come?

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

KRWaters
on 7/23/08 12:47 am - Manteca, CA
The important thing is at least you know the DS exists, you h ave read about it, and know it is not for you. That's all we ask for all to know it exists. I did not know it existed before my RnY and I am so sorry no one pointed it out to me. Best of luck to you.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active