First surgeon appointment, what to expect

tulagirl
on 7/21/08 11:29 am - Schenectady, NY
I have an appointment with a bariatric surgeon this week.  I had RNY in 2002 (started at 349, got down to 213 and I am now 292)  I know that he does some revisions, but this is just a starting point.  What should I expect.  I already had an upper GI. 

What questions should I ask?  I am so worried he will look at me and just tell me I am a failure and that I should move on.  I haven't seen a surgeon since 10 months after my surgery before I moved from Nebraska to New York.  No follow up etc. 

Thanks for any advice.
mrdoores
on 7/22/08 3:03 am - Waldorf, MD
Hi, I know how you  feel.  I also had RNY in 2000,(started at 348, got down to 211 and I am now 285).  I went to see my Dr's Phy.Asst. and was told to try diet and exercise for 6 months.  If I don't lose more than 10lbs and really tried, my Dr may consider Revision.  I also did n't  go for proper follow up and this is what I got.  Maybe if I did when my weight started creeping up I could have done something to stop it. I feel like a failure and would really like a revision now instead of 6 months from now.  I had an UGI last year and was told my pouch is no larger than someone 2 years out.  I still have restriction but it is so easy to eat slider foods than foods that feel like it is sitting in your chest.  Good luck with yoour appointment.  Just tell them what you want and work from there.

Most Active