4 Days post-op

Ms TJ P.
on 7/21/08 6:02 am - VA
Well I'm 4 days post-op and I seem to be doing alright, the surgery went well accept my doctor forgot to remove my port during surgery. Thank God he remembered before it was too late, him and his OR nurse came in while I was in the recovery room(while I was still out of it) and removed the port. My husband said the doctor was so embarassed but I'm just glad I didn't have to come back in at another time to have it removed. Thanks for listening......Tonya
Arizonadck
on 7/21/08 11:48 pm - Chicago, IL

Congrats Tonya!  Wish you the best!  Scary to think he could "forget" to remove it - but glad he thought of it in time to catch you while you were still out of it.  Keep us posted!

NeedhamGal
on 7/22/08 2:31 am - MA
I am sure you are glad that port is gone. My port bothered me as I gained weight.
I felt the RNY recovery in the stomach area was MUCH easier for there was no port stuffed into my stomach muscles.
Hope your recovery goes well. Joan
Nancy K.
on 7/22/08 12:35 pm - Joliet, IL
Hello Tonya,
Welcome to the loser's bench. Sorry you had a little blurp but it seems all is well for you now. Best of luck to you.
Nancy

KRWaters
on 7/23/08 12:56 am - Manteca, CA
OMG, how could he forget a major thing like that?

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active