thinking about revision how much does it cost?

pink72284
on 7/21/08 2:59 am - Lancaster, CA
well i had gastric bypass roux-en-y  on nov 3 2006 i was 330lb my highest and 299 day of now im 217lbs since surg.. i have not lost as much as id like.. dr brought up revision... im getting a scope done to take a look at my pouch.. i really dont know how much that would cost if my insurnace dosent cover it.. what exactly happens durring revision? do they open you up??
kdsmith
on 7/22/08 9:56 pm - TX
Mine was done open.  a seven in scar.  I had my pouch reduced and a new stoma.  I paid cash and negotiated it to about $18,000.  When you pay cash you can negotiate everything !!
KRWaters
on 7/23/08 12:10 am - Manteca, CA
Insurance companies now pay for revisions (most do) if they paid for your first time, no problem. It started with Medicare. They started paying for revisions, and now others follow suit. If you qualified the first time BMI 35 and 2 co-morbidities, or 40 BMI, and still have those stats or have them again, you should get qualifide again. If you have different insurance then first time, again you will qualify if you meet criteria.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

tochatty
on 8/1/08 11:50 am - Scottsdale, AZ
I am in the process of starting to look at revision surgery myself.  I had OPEN RNY July 2000 and was 336 lbs and lost 150.  But gained 70 back since then and actually I have been trying for the past four years, watching what I eat, reducing calories, counting calories, doing Weigh****chers, back to the old routines and nthing is working. 

I would like to lose my weight and be healthy for my 10 year anniversary.  Unfortunately there is only one physician that my insurance allows me to go to here in Arizona so I have to look at going out of state. 

Does anyone recommend a surgeon out of state doing Revision?
Most Active