Anyone had a lap band over a gstric bypass (RNY)?

djd7258
on 9/3/16 6:27 am - Wading River, NY

It's not true that most bands are taken out at 10 years, they can remain for life.

gal92626
on 7/24/13 10:20 am - Santa Ana, CA

I'm 3 years out. I started at 401 lbs. and am now at 260. Although I've lost a lot of weight, I'm still morbidly obese. I've tried drugs, exercise, etc. I can't seem to get past 225 and have actually regained about 35 lbs. since my lowest weight (approx. 1 year ago). I'm seriously considering the BOB.

Any updates from anyone on the procedure and their success???

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/14 6:13 pm - riverside, CA

I'm in S CA also and was wondering if you had your BOB done and if you like it?  Thx Joni

richrich k
on 8/23/13 1:26 pm
I am considering this as well... I am torn, I have heard of various revisions, one most recently involving endoscopy, and folding the stretched pouch and cauterizing rather than using those stupid twist-tie looking things... anyone heard of this?

rich <>< (SEEKING REVISION: GB RNY: April 28,'03 --> abdominoplasty '05 --> belt-lipectomy '08-- '10/'11 started to regain --> open to revision options (Plication seems to be the way to go tho?)                
?(Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, India, Turkey, Armenia, Thailand, USA, South Africa, Malaysia, Philippines, Ukraine, Russian Federation)?

*can it be true, our surrogate is 5 weeks pregnant?

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/14 6:15 pm - riverside, CA

Hi!  How had your wt loss gone?  I was with dieting where you had your BOB done?  Thx

pineview01
on 3/13/14 5:54 am, edited 3/13/14 5:56 am - Davison, MI

mom this is a 6 year old post.  People have asked question more recently but, I doubt you will get answers from these folks.

The OP has only made 4 post and never came back since 7/08

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Faithers1
on 6/8/14 2:01 pm

It is now 4 years later to your post but I am seriously considering the band over my bypass this summer.  Since you had this done 4 years ago, would you please let me know how you are doing?  I would truly appreciate it!

Faithers1
on 7/15/14 7:53 am

Thank you for your response. There are so few people to talk to that have had the BOB. I'm scheduled to have it done in 2 weeks. Excited and scared at the same time. Glad your recovery was quick. I need that too! Anything else you want to share about how you're doing, results, what you're finding that works, etc, please share. Thank you again! 

uhmlaila
on 9/2/10 12:46 pm
Hi , Yes I  had a band placed over my gastric bypass pouch August 20th 2010,I feel wonderful , 5 weeks away from my first fill but I have lost 5 ilbs already and I expect to loose more within these 5  weeks before my first Fill, I was able to start soft chicken and mushy zuchinni in about a week after the sugery Im suprised how fast I felt better , my advice is find a Dr who has done band over bypass before and ask as many questions as you need to . I asked so many questions up untill the day of my surgery I thought my Surgeon was fed up with me but he wasnt and I needed that to rest my mind it worked and all was well , Im sure you'll do fine its not the most serious of surgeries but it is still surgery, recovery was a breeze for me let me know if you have any more questions .......
Most Active