Feet and Leg Swelling

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/08 5:57 pm, edited 7/20/08 5:59 pm - AZ
My feet and legs are all swelling up the last few days. They feel like poping. I have a history of blood clots but this is the regular feet swelling. I can't wear my shoes and only slippers. Last year this happened to me and the doctor said it was water retension. He gave a script for lasix and it never worked till the weather changed from being real hot to cool temps for AZ weather. In the morning I plan to take 20 mg of lasix and see what happens. It says too take 1 per day. How many days does it take to notice a differnce ? Last year it did not work and I took for a few days. I don't want to get dehyrated. My revision was July 2, 2008. It not a blood clot type pain but looks like a cellulits again. My right leg is a red shiny color and the other leg is normal color. My rt leg is always the worst due to defective vein valves caused by my blood clots. I had the most clots for 20 years in my rt leg. My heart is fine because I just had cardic clearance about 1 month ago or more. Has any one had this kind of foot swelling going up the leg and how did they treat it and make it feel better ? How long does it take for lasix to work ?

Thanks,
Arizonadck
on 7/20/08 10:56 pm - Chicago, IL

You should call your doctor and report to him - he would know exactly what you should/should not do.  Good Luck!!

Sue O.
on 7/24/08 6:24 am - Brookfield, WI
With the high heat and humidity, I've been having the same problem.  I'm drinking more water, taking extra potassium supplements, but it all seems to be settling in my feet/calves, so badly that my toes go numb.  I popped a lasix but didn't notice much effect.  I wear knee-hi surgical stockings, either in medium or firm compression, depending on how much swelling is going on.  I purchased them from the Support Plus catalog (their own brand, much cheaper).

I can't recall if OH bans posting internet links on the message boards.  If you let me know, I can post the link for you.

Sue .
Lap RNY 12/7/04  310 lbs; Lap ERNY 12/14/09   238 lbs
RNY:  310/268.5/202/170 (never got there!)
ERNY:  240/228/215/170

Most Active